Sign in to follow this  
arno

Scaling For Polygon

Hi all!I'm using FSDS PRO v1, and got a question about it:Well, how do I manage to set a scale of my polygon (in FSDS) so that when it is transferred to ASD, it has an accurate size???Example: I am manufacturing an apron terminal whose REAL size is 100x100 meters. How do I manage to set a scale 1:100.000 in FSDS??? Perhaps all I gotta do is set this scale in ASD??Appreciate any help,Thank you.Lucas Lopes.

The answer is Yes, you have to set the same scale in ASD (or Airport, Groundmaker, FSSD, or Architect for that mattter) that in FSDS.----The general rule I use is:1. Design always using real measures. That is 1:1, that is: 1 meter in real object is 1 meter on FSDS.2. "What

Hi Daniel!!Thank you very much for the explanation!! now, do you know if a scenery made with FSDSPro v1 will work properly with FS2K2???Is there a new version of SCASM that I should know about??? I use the one that came with my A&SD... :-) Thank you very much again,Lucas.

Yes, objects made in FSDSPro v1 will work in FS2k2 without modifications. But the word is that this kind of scenery won't be supported on FS2004, as MS states in the SDK. I reccomend updating to FSDS2. It now uses FS2k2 native instructions which help frame rates, as the great gurus here investigated sometime ago.Also, A&SD has quickly became outdated and there are better programs to make scenery such as GroundMaker, Airport, FS Scenery Creator and so on... They are more user-friendly also. :-)As for Scasm, go to http://www.scasm.de and download latest 2.88 version.--Daniel R. Careri

Thanks agin, Daniel!And what about gMAX??? Is it better then FSDSv2, does it have any singularity that makes it worth a try???Regards,Lucas.

From the source code (or resulting BGL) point of view FSDS2 and GMax both give the same sort of code. Which one you choose depends on what you want. GMax has some more features for your modeling, while FSDS might be a bit easier to learn and use. It's all your choice :).If you read the announcements from MS on Fs2004 it says that scenery made according to the Fs2000 Scenery SDK should still work, so this also includes FSDS1 objects. There should not be a problem with these obhects thus.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Glad to know that, thanks Arno!! :-)--Daniel R. Careri

Hi Arno!and thanks for the response!Would you happen to know if gMAX have texture tiling capability???Thanks,Lucas.

I would almost say of course it has that :D. That's one of the feature I like compared to the old object design programs.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Hi again Arno!would you know where can I find a GOOD, complete if you will, SCASM tutorial??? One that explains all the codes???Many thanks,Lucas.

I don't really now a good tutorial. If used the manual to learn SCASM (and that includes all commands of course). There is also a SCASM tutorial on a german site (http://www.combatflight.de/html/scasm-tut/scasm1_eng.html), but when that came out I had already learned SCASM myself, so I don't now how much it actually covers.

Arno