Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

AI-aircrafts used as static aircrafts?

Hi!I thought about using the aircrafts from the AI-Traffic as static aircraft. It seems they're the best aircraft available depending to frame-rate and so on. Further they don't make any problems with the autogen.My idea is, that it should be possible to call these aircraft from a library where they are saved. Just like a library of macros for the old dynamic scenery. In SCASM that should look like this:CallDLibObj( :DYN01 4 2 00C2CDA9 A9E100AA F73913D0 4C594729 )But I don't have any idea, where these AI-aircrafts are saved. Maybe someone could help...Thx!Sasa

First, library objects are placed in *.bgl scenery files. Second, aircrafts are in *.mdl files. A scenery can't call out aircraft from *.mdl file. Scenery can call objects only from scenery files, which contain library objects.

No, that's not what I'm talking about. The 3D-Objects for AI-Traffic MUST be somewhere on a BGL-location, as they're not part of the default flyable aircrafts.Sasa

The AI aircraft are just normal aircraft and are in your AIRCRAFT folder of FS. But the ones made for AI only have a line in their cfg file that prevent them from appearing in your aircraft list.So I think it is not easy to use them as static.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

It is very easy to use AI aircraft as static aircraft. All you have to do is build flightplans for them that have them fly at times you will not be at your computer. That way, they will look as static aircraft.If you want to get fancy and have them at maintenance areas, out of the way ramps, etc. You could use AFCAD to make gates or ramp spots with special radius sizes that only particular aircraft can park. That way you could have cargo and other areas designated.

Thanks!First I thought it would be better if I try it without a flight plan - just like the Object Calls in the static scenery. Well, tomorrow I will try it with a "limited" flightplan. A flightplan is what I tried to avoid as the installation process is so complicated. :(

Guest GabrielR

do a search for AITM and get it, it is quite easy to add flight plans with this tool.