Sign in to follow this  

Now you See it....... Now you don't...... see Pic........

Hi GuysI'm not with out my problems, at the moment it seems!!!!!A simple Box/come PortacabinSimple question, complicated answer I bet, Vector may be.....As I pan around the building, in spot view, the end elevation disappears!!! Heres the code for the new Potacabin------------------------------------------------------------------ LoadBitmap( 0 0 0 0 0 0 Pcab_West_elev.bmp ) TexPoly( -32767 0 0 -0.10 5 0 209 1 255 209 0 255 0 4 0 0 )-------------------------------------------------------------------Heres the code for the old Portacabin-------------------------------------------------------------------TexPoly( -32767 0 0 0.00 35 106 122 34 106 66 33 42 65 32 42 122 )-------------------------------------------------------------------I have tried substituting exactly the same vector info and this has failedMy V1=8000 and V2=2000This seems a common occurence, when I have attempted other buildings/Carshope some one can tutorial me!!!!!Dave,Again, must get a signiture

Maybe it time that I clean my glasses again :), but I can't find your problem in the screenshots. Can you explain a bit better what is the problem, because I don't get it and I don't see anything strange in the pics.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Sorry Arno, you properly don't need glass's at allIn Attachment 1, the Portacabin to the extreme far right, has no end elevation In attachment 2, the portacabin to the far right does display the end elevation, although the viwing angle has changed why is this happening when it is clearly ok with same building to the left, all be it with slightly different code?hope this helpsDave

Ah, now I see it. That must indicate that your vector is not really perpendicular on the polygon you are using. Why not try to use the automatic a or ai instead of calculating the vector yourself?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi ArnoI have tried the a/ai which did not alter things, although I now note that in my code the 'm' was not present, which maybe needed to be!!!I had used the vectors from the FSDS 1.6b, but substituting my code with the FSDS code, resolved this issue. May be the code is doing things with the vectors that I am un aware of, See below....; BGL_TEXTURE: tclass=1h color=79EF7979 name=Pcab_West elev.bmpDwx( 0043 0020 0000 0001 ef79 7979 )Dba(Pcab_West_elev.bmp)Dbx( 00 00 )TexPoly( -32767 0 0 -0.10 5 0 209 1 255 209 0 255 0 4 0 0 )Thanks for the support, I can live with this outcome for now, but more knowledge and understanding is always goodRegards Dave

Hi GuysI seem to have resolved this problem or have I!!!!By making the polygon double sided the polygon always displays the Texture at any viewing angle, although there is a change in the sun lighting effectIs it necessary to do this, make the polygon double sided!!!!I fear not!!!hope someone can clarify thisRegardsDave