Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Reversed runways in Map View??!!

Hi all,I have just about finished a scenery file when a beta tester friend of mine noticed that the runways headings are reversed when viewed in the FS2002 map view or on the GPS!e.g. The aircraft can be sitting on runway 02, the directional gyro says 020 deg, the runway ID says I'm on runway 02. If you go to the 'Go To Airport' screen in FS2002 & use the 'Runway/Starting Position' it works OK & you end up on the correct runway.Can anyone suggest what the problem is? (I am using FSSC).Cheers

Boy am I a dummy.The problem was that that when the runways were created, I called them Runway 20/02 while FSSC was reading them as 02/20. Once I reversed this & changed the runway ID it all worked again.

Map view and GPS use an AFD file for the map information. Is this a new airport NOT in the default FS2002 library? If so, did you create an AFD file for your fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder (You may have placed it in your unique airport folder also). If so, move this file to the folder noted above. Use AFCAD to open the airport, then see how the runways are labelled. You may have to return to FSSC to correct the problem also, since each time you make any corrections in FSSC, it will compile the files the same way unless you change the source.