Sign in to follow this  
arno

Exporting onto water (Gmax/FS2002)

Gday All,I have had a hell of a lot of trouble trying to export ANY scenery object onto water in FS2002. I've searched the forums here for an answer, but failed to find any mention.Has anyone had any success placing objects onto water in FS2002? If so, what is required for something to show?I suspect it has something to do with the landclass. ie: No land type class underneath, no exporting of objects on that surface.An example was where I made a jetty/pier object that sat on the coastline, exporting it from gmax would pile all the objects up on top of each other, reulting in a big mess.I ended up creating a macro object in FSDS2 and exporting it so that the centre point, was further towards the land, thus 'tricking' it to appear on the water.I would like to place a boat for instance, in the sea, but cannot make the buggar work?PLEASE HELP ;-)Best regards,Brad Disherwww.aussim.com

Brad, I wish I could help more, but I've never had a problem with this. I've just put my object on the water area, and it displayed just as you would want. My little sailboat in my Bowerman scenery, bman.zip is a gmax model, exported as a library object and called as an api by fssc. All I did was put the api in the area that was water and lower the altitude until it looked right. The only problem I had with that one is the dumb flipped normals bug in gmax...you know the one that screws up your model if you mirror from the toolbar. My dock in Tacoma.zip also worked with no special problem, that was done long ago, using fsds v1.6. Compiled it as an scm macro and placed it using ASD.Lately I've been primarily just using GMAX directly, having found it a bit less work than creating library objects. Perhaps I'll see tonight if putting one of these models in water causes a problem.Bob Bernstein

I am afraid I can't help you either, just like Bob I have never seen this problem. I always test my new objects at N40 W40 (and that is in the middle of a lot of water) and they show up without problems. So I would say it should work fine.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog