Sign in to follow this  

Flash with CAT3 light-system

Hi!Which number do I have to fill in at the correspondig place in the SCASM RWY-Code to get a CAT3 Approachlights together with a flash, which runs from the beginning of the light-system to the beginning of the RWY.Default for CAT3 ist 7 ...Regards,Klaus

Hi!Yes, 7 is for CATII/III ALSF-2 type approach lights and 10 is for CALVERT2 type lights which don't have any strobes. Use StrobesN or StrobesF (of Runway command)to type in the number of flashing lights 0...15. I think 15 works well....can't remember, but it is easy to try it. In real life the flash lights flash twice a second and I think they are even more than 15. Try it, two sequences per second. :-) The sca_rwys.doc that comes with SCASM describes all the commands.Tatu

Hi Tatu!Thanks for your help. No i have the flash working - 15 lights. It would be nice if it could be more lights than 15, but ...Regards,Klaus

>No i have the flash working - 15 lights.>It would be nice if it could be more lights than 15, but ...Oh... I see, I think I misunderstood you. ;-) You meant that it would be nice if the strobes would reach all the way to the threshold of the runway? The strobes reach until 300m from the threshold, that's where the red lights begin. They should not span all the way from the beginning of the App.Lights til the threshold. In real life we are talking just few strobes more than 15 (if installed all the way to the red lights) so it shouldn't be a problem. T