Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Looking for 2 macros

Hi all. I'm in search of two macros and can't find them anywhere. I'm looking for a quanset hut and also a water tower (tall!) that would be used around a military base. (red/white checked) If you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I have looked through the main sites and have come up with nothing. I found a water tower by Frank Betts, but it's too short. Thanks all!! Don

Sounds very simple to make. If you can't find what you want, look on the web for photos. I'll help with a bit of gmax time, if you wish.B

Guest Joe

Our friend, Luis Feliz, who frequents this forum, has been working on a collection of water tower designs. I don't know if they will be for auto-gen, macro or both. I don't even know if he intends to release them. I don't know very much, do I?He had sent some images of what he has been working on and I took the liberty to paint one of them just last night.An example of one of Luis' towers... http://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/tower.jpg What I painted...http://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/tower_painted.JPGI was going for that distressed look.Luis,I hope you don't mind that I posted one of your images.Joe

Oh man!!!! That bottom one is just what I'm looking for!!! I tried to make one in FSDS, but I got an error. I am building it in steps now and will try to see what caused the error by progression. Thanks Bob for the offer. I haven't even attempted GMax yet. Well I did, but with no progress! LOL! Can you find out if he is going to release these as macros Joe? Those are some fine looking towers and like I said, that bottom one is made for the base I'm making! Thanks guys for all your responces. I do appreciate it.Don

Hi Joe. You can e-mail me at alaskabydon@aol.comThanks buddy!Don

I've got to say, Joe, that your repaint of the tower looks great! You have talent! But, the question just pops into my mind: did you climb the real tower and paint your initials on it? If you can send me a checkerboard image like that (even with your initials), I shall put it on the tower and place it on the approach to 17 at GPT.Don, I am putting together a collection of 28 different water towers in an object library. All low polygon count models using only default textures. It will come with apis, but also x files for easy placement using MakeMDL, and even the gMax files for total customization (modify the dimensions, change the colors, add textures).http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/7995.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/7996.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/7998.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/7999.jpgI have not yet finished the collection, and must still create the different LOD models and apply textures to the most detailed model. In addition, I am having some problems getting those cross-ties (simple splines in gMax) to show up in the game, and do not know if this is because I am using version 1.1 - buggy?And, of course, our problems with black-outs make any work a real challenge.Of course, I shall be happy to provide you with a tower. They are about 50 meters high. Just let me know what you need and how soon you need them.Best regards.Luis

Thank you VERY much Luis. I need the red and one that Joe has painted up. That is a perfect copy of the ones on the base I am creating. Whenever you can get it to me is fine. I am only about a quarter of the way through the scenery, so I have some time. That is one piece of art there buddy. Great job!!!! My e-mail is alaskabydon@aol.com. Feel free to drop me a line. Thanks for the help!!!!! :)Don

Hello Don,I am making 3 different LOD models of each tower. The most highly detailed and textured model will show when the tower is 50 pixels high on screen. The mid-range model will not have all details like cross bars or textures and will appear when the tower is 20 pixels high. You can see these first two models in Joe's picture above. A very simple and very low polygon model with no texture will show at a height of 10 pixels (or should, but I cannot get this to work. The tower still shows no matter how far I am or how small the tower. Drat.)Anyway, as I said, the towers are not finished yet, notably they have not been covered with textures. Given my present state of lethargy - the hot weather has arrived, really hot - it will probably take me another month or two to finish this project.Meantime, I can send you the gMax files for any or all of the models of this particular tower. Then, you can apply any textures that you want, and, if you know how, put together the LOD models into one bgl. This is not particularly difficult, but requires Model Commander.Just let me know if you want all 3 models or just the most highly detailed.Best regards.Luis

I'm already lost! LOL! I don't have any idea how to do any of that my friend. I appreciate the offer though. I'll try to make one in FSDS and see how that goes. I will be watching for them when they do arrive. I can always put an update out to the scenery. Thanks Luis!!!Don