Sign in to follow this  
Guest hefy_jefy

GR2K :While remeshing a lake, suddenly no more bgl created?

Good evening.I've already realised the Verdon river, gorges and lakes ,in France(www.Faitmain.com),without having to remesh because Bill forgot this river .I have a problem with a new scenery.I've read the posts concerning remeshing but i did'nt found any anwer.I am remeshing a lake (20 kms length).All was ok but after nearly 2700 points without any problems,the coast reliefs were quite good looking,GR2K stopped the generation of the _2.bgl.I reduced the number of points,looked at lwm files but did'not found anything strange.I am using GR2k vers3.02 with default load level.Can only one point crash the bgl?That is wrong?Another question,what is the best lod level choice for T.Pignot Lago mesh?Thanks for your help.Daniel

Hello!Are you remeshing the lake itself or the coast?To put the lake on some altitude it is easiest to draw the lake and give the water polygon the altitude you want. That flattens the terrain under the lake. If you meant remeshing the coasts then I don't really know...Tatu

Thank for your reply Tatu,but the problem is remeshing the coast.It was ok for 3/4 of the coast and suddenly no way to go on.Daniel

>Thank for your reply Tatu,but the problem is remeshing the>coast.>It was ok for 3/4 of the coast and suddenly no way to go on.>DanielAlright.Have you tried splitting your work in two or more bgls?Did Ground2k give you an error message? I have done one very huge area, not remeshing but polygons, and Ground2k was compiling it for many minutes. You may also not do anything else while compilation is in progress, just wait it to be finished.If you got error message send the lwm file to the author of Ground2k and explain your problem.T

Yes,I splitted it by using the last backup before the bug but the most difficult part of the work is lost.OK that is not a tragedy...I edited the lwm file and kept the end of it for separate compilation.No error message,only the usuals messages during short compilation.I have recently sent a message to Christian (in french ,more easy for me...)but i can understand that his box must be full.Daniel.

Guest hefy_jefy

Hi Daniel,You may recall I had the same problem, but you put me right on using a fixed altitude for the lake surface, BUT now I have the same problem again, I am getting into the complicated parts of the shoreline.If you look in the GRound2K folder you will see the .ASM file that gets compiled by BGLC.EXE its called something like:Ground2K$_Remesh_LWM.asmIts this file that gets compiled to the _2.bgl file. Now I found that the maximum number of points in any group is 255: LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx 7,3,1,5,7,223If the last number (223 in this case) gets greater than 255 then BGLC issues an error:"ground2K$_remesh_LWM.asm(67) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size"But I haven't a clue what to do about it! (other than keeping an eye on these values and moving to a new project if the value sgets to >255) you can force the file to compile by editing the value to 255 but some of the mesh will be missing, and the .BGL file might crash FS2002!!!)I can't figure out how the values in the .ASM file are grouped I thought it was by similar altitudes but now I don't think so, what we need is help from a guru....Geoff

>> But I haven't a clue what to do about it!The author of the program has been very helpful in solving various kinds of problems, and he has (in several threads) asked people with problems to send him the *.LWM -files so that he can pinpoint the problem.... Maybe that is what you should do?Bamce

Guest fumey

HelloThere is a limitation of polygon number per Area (each point is in fact a polygon with 2 points !); I'm not at home just now but will check that when I come back.The Verdon river and the Sainte-Croix lakes are very nice places. Daniel, r

Thank you all for yours answers.Hefy i found a line like that: LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx 7,3,1,12,14,270 The 270 may be the bug but i have no message error.Christian I send you the .lwm.Daniel

>Hefy i found a line like that: LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx>7,3,1,12,14,270 >The 270 may be the bug but i have no message error.270 is not a bug, it is west! :-eek No....seriously speaking, 270 in LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx command is the number of polygons that exceed 7. So the first number 7 plus the last one 270 tells that you have 277 polygons. By the way...shouldn't the second number (3) be 2 for a flatten point? And then just draw the polygons as water. I had to convert those by hand to be able to affect an area with default flatten around an airport.Tatu

OK TatuThe choosen attrib is "3".I can read in Rhumba LWMtut in "Re-meshing a coastal area" the following lines:The code uses

After scenery test and Christian post: LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx 7,3,1,12,14,255 works fine.The limit number of the points seem to be 255+7=262.Daniel

Hi all.As usual, there is more than one way to remesh.You could also try nested ( imbricated ) land mask polys at increasing height:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/8120.jpgNo need to use the imbrication entry box, as Ground2K will nest them as long as they do not cross. This example is at 5 meter elevations, with smaller/higher polys placed on larger/lower polys. Looks like a topographic map.If the mesh LOD is very high, the appearance will be of a step pyramid... probably a good case for not exceeding LOD 8 for mesh. :(The LOD of the underlying mesh will control the effective LOD of the LWM masking heights... oversampled mesh will oversample the re-mesh as well.Just another approach to raising or lowering elevations.Dick

Guest hefy_jefy

OK I was just guessing about 255 being the limit, it just seemed (after many trials and errors) to be a likly kind of number! I now see that the whole thing is more complex...I have search through everything in the SDK for "LWMDataAreaDrawPolygonsEx" but can't find anything, where does this information come from? - or am I looking in the wrong place?Geoff