Sign in to follow this  
NWATech

GMAX trouble

Imported a model into FS it imported fine. Returned to do some more work and I am getting "File Open Fail". I can not open this model at all now. Other models I have open with no problems.Thanks,Jay

Do you mean you get this error while opening a .gmax file? I have never had such a problem, so I think you must have a corrupted file or so then.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I am trying to open the .gmax file when I get this "File Open Fail". Do you have any idea what my options are now at this point. The size is only 283kb. How could it be bad if it is in FS correctly, 100%? :-hmmmThis is my main terminal I have been working on for a while, really hate to start over. :-violinJay

FS does not read the .gmax file, but the .bgl file you created out of it. So that FS displays it correct has nothing to do with your .gmax file. I guess it must have been damaged after your last export.Do you have to backup option turned on in GMax? In that case you could try to revert to the previous version and see if that works.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Yes it is. I have not had to use this until now. I see some .gx files in the autobak folder. Do I just import or use the open option?Jay