Sign in to follow this  

gMAX beginner

Hey guys, I am literally just starting gMAX and am not interested in the aircraft design portion but the scenery design portion. I am going to attempt to model my hometown airport of KMSO. Could anyone in this forum literally take some time to walk me through this process, I would truely appreciate it! Or if nothing else could you please tell me what I need to get started at least? Thanks abunch guys!-Kellan

Guest JohnC

I would download Microsoft's GMAX SDK and build the house they show step by step how to do it.:-violin

you can't have fun with GMAX until you've done a number of tutorials. Do all of them in the gmax help, do the msoft one as John suggests, do a search on the net for "gmax tutorials", and do them...etc.you'll get eventually familier enough with the interface that it begins to make sense.Bob B

Hiya Kellan, Following the tutorial will help you immensely in learning Gmax. I took up Gmax and after following the tutorial.... had a carrier built within the first month. The advice given by the guys previously rings very true. After things start clicking... start your project... building by building...and make repeated stops here to ask questions when you run into a brick wall. The guys here are nothing short of spectacular in helping you answer your questions.:-wave

Guest fame

Hi Kellan:For a selection of tutorials, please visit our "Design Studio" > tutorials > gmax:I hope this helps... visit the URL below (see sig), for additional ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.

Hey guys, I really appreciate all your help. I'm working on the tutorial right now, and it's going well. I will stop back if I have anymore questions, which I'm sure I will esspecially with textures. Thanks guys!-Kellan