Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Texturing complex ground

Hi Bender.You might want to use a concrete texture as a layered ground poly, and just draw grey lines on it.Dick

If you only want to use FSDS/FSSC then I am afraid you need to make it as macros in FSDS. Don't forget to change the macro afterwards so it has a LayerCall instead of a PerspectiveCall (see here for a small tutorial about that problem: http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/down...roundbleed.pdf).Otherwise a good option would be GroundMaker, this program allows you to place a TexPoly and then you can specify how the texture is shown.I wouldn't use Dicks advise, as drawing all the lines seems a hell of a job to me and I think it is also less framerate friendly.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Arno nad Rhumba,speaking of complex ground, I was wondering how would one change such API macro to the VTP Polygons and still have more or less good resolution of bitmaps used? I have API made in FSDS 1.6 of apron which does not show correctly when converted to FSDS 2 and I was wondering how to make it look (almost) the same if I use VTP Polygons.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

What do you mean with show like a VTP polygon? With such a polygon you always have a 4.8 meter/pixel resolution, so really sharp textures is not possible.Also I think a FSDS1 macro converted to FSDS2 should work fine (apart from the fact the FSDS never adds the needed LayerCall of course).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest gorchi

Hi Arno!I was afraod, You will mention again that ugly 4,8 m resolution ;( Anyway I am sticking with API until I will get something better. The problem between FSDS 1.x and FSDS 2.x ground api is not so much in LayerCall but in one dot space between two adjacent square polygons. We have allready discussed this before, I even manually corrected api and rounded those decimals but I still had that one pixel line between polygons... Maybe the solution lies in having smaller squares, right now the side of square is 256 units long, where the bitmap is 512x512 pix.Anyway thanks for Your opinion!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Ah, OK now I remmeber. I still wouldn't know a solution for that (I haven't used FSDS2 enough for that).

Arno

Hi,I would also suggest GroundMaker, as it has the possibility to make "mapped ground polygons", where you can map a certain part of a texture to be used, so it is not used as in "normal" ground polygons./Sebastian

Guest gorchi

Sebastian,thanks but I will stick with API's made by FSDS and FSSC for assembling wole scenery. Unfortunatelly having only part of bitmap in polygon is not acceptable, but I will try to find some solution.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net