Sign in to follow this  
arno

Suggestions for design programs to use, please

Perhaps someone can advise me about which programs I might need to be able to fully design airports and buildings etc?I already have FSDS V2 and the latest version of Airport for Windows. I don't want to use GMax as I think I would find it too difficult to learn, certainly at the moment.So what would you advise me to get, freeware or payware, to be able to create and manipulate bitmaps and anything else you think I might need? My main objective will be to enhance airports which are already in FS2002 as I don't think I will be one of those people who will go and get FS2004 as soon as it hits the street.Thank you very much for any help.David

Well, if you say you already have FSDS and Airport then you are almost ready to go. With FSDS you can create your objects and with Airport you can place them, as well as the taxiways, runways, etc.To make texture you would need a program like Gimp, Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop. Just use one you already have and now how to work with (if you already have such a program of course).Besides that you might need some small tools like ImageTool to convert the textures to DXT format. But I wouldn't worry about that too much now, when you hit a problem there is always someone here who knows the correct tool to fix it :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog