Sign in to follow this  

Ground polygons as macros

Hi everyone, I created a polygon using Gmax. I also edited the asm file in order to eliminate the shimmering by using the addcat command. As such everything works well when I recompile the asm and put the bgl file directly into the scenery folder. I also converted the polygon into a macro using Fsregen, but the problem is that as a macro the polygon started shimmering again even though the asm file had been edited. Has anybody ever tried this or do you think that there is a way round it.Tnx and regardsDaniel

That's correct. The changes you made to the ASM source don't come in the library, the library only uses the yourfile_0.asm file.Try using a calling macro like this one:[tt]Area( 5 %1 %2 22 )LayerCall( :OBJ 8 )jump( : ):OBJmif( %11 )refpoint( 2 :END %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melserefpoint( 7 :END %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendrotatedcall( :ROT 0 0 %5 )return:ROTcallLibobj( 0 11111979 14122000 12042003 2 ):ENDreturnEndA[/tt]The parameter 8 is the layer number.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Tnx Arno i'll give it a try.RegardsDaniel