Sign in to follow this  
arno

Flag and windsock

I worked on this problem for a bit with no success. I reverted to making library objects of the different configurations and then calling them conditionally based on c72, using scasm. Here's the code:; --- Created by FsRegen v0.31bmif (0)Area( 5 %1 %2 1 )RotatedCall( :symbol 0 0 %5 )Jump( :endsymbl ):symbolRefPoint( 7 : 0.5 %1 %2 )Points( 0-2 0 -8-2 0 01 0 01 0 -8-1 0 -4)Poly( a 0 1 2 3 )Poly( a 0 4 3 )Return:endsymblEndAmifendArea( 5 %1 %2 22 )perspectivecall( :OBJ )shadowcall( :OBJ )jump( : ):OBJmif( %11 )refpoint( 2 :END %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melserefpoint( 7 :END %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendTransformCall( :ROT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 C74 )return:ROTIfVarRange( :A1 C72 0 2 )callLibobj( 0 B0B5568 44444444 AAAAAAAA 5 )Return:A1IfVarRange( :A2 C72 3 7 )callLibobj( 0 B0B5568 44444444 AAAAAAAA 4 )Return:A2IfVarRange( :A3 C72 8 12 )callLibobj( 0 B0B5568 44444444 AAAAAAAA 3 )Return:A3IfVarRange( :A4 C72 13 20 )callLibobj( 0 B0B5568 44444444 AAAAAAAA 2 )Return:A4callLibobj( 0 B0B5568 44444444 AAAAAAAA 2 )Return:ENDreturnEndA

Hi, Thanx for your reply but I was looking for code to use within BGLC because I never worked with scasm and I

Thanks Bob,you're a very busy man.I had almost cured my addiction ( FS Scenery ) and had even enjoyed a couple of hours flying but have been dragged back to do CAnberra 3D models as a favour. I have spent the last 2 weeks getting a working version of the giant flag at Parliament house ( a great wind sock ) and the 150 ft fountain in the lake ( another one ). I was just about to add wind speed conditional textures ( ie slack vs blowing flag ) but you have saved me a week of work.I also wanted to add some animation. My thought was to use the FS timing and switch between the two versions in a similar way as I remember doing custom flashing lights eg.IfVarAnd( :V2 282 3000 ) :V1 {version one } Return:V2{version two } ReturnHas anyone had any luck doing this sort of thing ?regards

understood...my efforts doing this directly in BGLC failed, perhaps because I've only worked extensively with scasm, my bglc is very poor. Sorry I can't help more.btw, you realize I work soley in GMAX also. The crossover happens by making library objects of my gmax models. Once you get the guid assigned to a library object you can call it from scasm just as well as from bglc.Bob B

I'll send you the BGLC examples I also send to Bob, before he did it in SCASM. That might help you.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Yes I have :).To make it more complex, in that windsock I used the time to switch between those models, this gives a crude idea of the flag moving with the wind.Then also a different model is displayed depending on the wind speed, so that if the wind is not very hard the flag is slack.Then finally a rotation with the wind direction to get the correct orientation.So, your idea should work :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog