Sign in to follow this  

Making a new Scenery

Guest coimbra

Hi,I am new on this forum and I would like to learn how to make a scenery from the first steps. I bought today Schiratti Control Center and I would also like to know what kind of programs are needed, such as adobe photoshop or others, specially if i want to make a fotorealistic scenery in Gmax. Do we build a scenery just based on real photos or in other ways?If somebody could explain me the first steps I would appreciate.ThanksCoimbra

Guest coimbra

Hi again, After a little research and with some euros, I have Schiratti control center, fs scenery creator, probably will have fs architect also, paint shop pro is here also, and gmax from FS2002 is installed. I want to start to create an airport for example. What to do with all this stuff and from where to begin? Making research to all the pictures I find in the internet with the airport I want to create? Some of the programs have little help files, which seems that it is supposed that you understand something about programing these kind of things. NOt my case: i start from zero! :(Can anyone help and inform me what to do in a first step?ThanksCoimbra

I'd start simple. Imho, you have too many tools. The challenge for you is not to gather tools but to begin to get comfortable with design. I wouldn't spend any money. sounds like you already have, ok...I'm not familier with Enrico's program so i don't know what it does.....but I know fssc, and its a pretty good place to start.Treat it as 2d cad...and layout a sample scenery. Use the tutorials and help. compile it, and fly around something you made. Heck, that's enough to begin with. FSSC has ready made macros you can place for a start....GMAX will be what you may use to make your own macros, but that's way off for you.Check our Schirotti, perhaps its doing the same thing as FSSC. If so, perhaps its better. Since you already bought it, check it out. The tools of value are:1. A layout tool, such as fssc, airport, or others2. A graphics program, for when you are ready to want to make your own textures, for making custom macros and terrain3. An object tool, such as GMAX for when you want to make your own objects.Enjoy,Bob Bernstein

Right i made my first Airport to replace the crappy one which came with the game.Airport:ScatstaLocation:Shetland IslandsI am doing this as this is my location were i live.So the problem is i taxi all the way down the runway north.Then near the bottom my plane gets thrown in the air of about 80feet.How do i Sove this?

Hi coimbraI started out like you 18mths ago, with Arch2002 which I thought was a good program after wasting

Hi ThereI'm not an expert, only what I have learn'tI assume that as you taxi down the runway there's a hugh step (80Ft) and your airborneCould it be a Mesh problem. A Addon mesh, you are using, may be... Is the Mesh accurate and is there this hugh drop their, may be your scenery is incorrectly positioned, to close to the cliffs, etc.. no offence!!May be you have added a flattening Area, or you need to consider this if you haven't. If you have added a Flattening area try enlarging or increasing its size I think in creating a flatten area you must have to specify a height which needs to be correctI hope someone will comfirm my thoughts, in the meantime check this outRegardsDave

Dave, I'm moved to comment, your post was an excellant example of the giving this board is known for. You wrote with empathy, and completeness, and including links was a great service. Nice work.Bob Bernstein

thanks for the kind remarks, bobI am simply trying to emulate others, yourself included, to give back what I have recieved in helpIts not often I can help others, whilst still learning, I'll leave that to you and others like 'Arno' who are worthy of thisMy first exploration into scasm was Arno's 'bumpy', it's all his fault, (-: RegrdsDave