Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Photoshop Technique

Guest alexfantini

Hi all!I am a new member of this Forum and I greet you all.This is my first message to you.Could somebody tell me if there is something like a step-by-step tutorial that explains the "Photoshop Technique" quoted in the Terrain Mesh File Documentation by Christian Stock?Thanks everybodyAlessandro

I don't know what you are trying to do...rather than reference christian's comments, tell me what you want to acheive...then perhaps I can help.Bob B

Guest alexfantini

Exactly Goran,I am just talking about making mesh from grayscale or indexed color images by Photoshop.Alessandro

Thanks for the clarification, sorry that I can't help. Its one area I've only dabbled with unsuccessfully. You will get better help in the mesh forum, this is the scenery forum.Bob B

I think this technique is not used very often, because it is very complex to set the correct gray scales in the different channels of your image. I think you can better try to get (or make) you data into a DEM format the resample can read.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest alexfantini

Thanks all,I have read the topic posted by Gorchi about the same subject.Alessandro

Hi Alessandro.You may wish to check the website of the Spain Mesh Group.They use a method of color separation to define mesh. They also correctly note that this will increase the vertical resolution of the mesh... but it still requires accurate, detailed source data, or the greater resolution would be wasted. They have used this method with great success.The site, and tutorials are in Spanish.Spain Mesh Group:http://www.simuvuelo.org/pags06/smg.htmDick

Guest alexfantini

Hi Dick,thank you very much for your answer. I am going to see the site of Spain Mesh Group.Alessandro

Guest gorchi

Rhumba!Thanks for the link also from me but how much I will understand spanish is a different thing. I'll do my best :)Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net