Sign in to follow this  

RAF Lyneham

Hi,I'm designing my first scenery based on Lyneham,home of the hercs in the UK.Having previously been in the ATC on camp I hope to accurately model it from memory.When I was there the base also had comet4c and Britannias'(showing my age).I have posted some pics for some feedback,ahemm!!

You are correct,there are no white lights around the apron.Those were the default lights using FSSC when making ground polys and I failed to switch them off as I've been so busy designing the scenery I have yet to take a tour of the base to correct all those wee gremlins!Thanks for the observation!

Nice stage.Love the lighing effects.cant wait to download it or is it a personell thing.Anyway keep up the good work.Chris

Chris, Thanks for the comments!No,the scenery is not personal and will be uploaded as freeware for all to enjoy.So far I have spent over 300 hours on the project,not only modelling the airbase but the surrounding village perimeters as well!My main gripe is what not to include as too much scenery will have a major impact on frame rates.To rectify this somewhat I have decided to allow the scenery to be selective on what is displayed from sparse to very dense(should keep everyone happy).I also may include a(Lite)version with sealed hangers,etc as that should help slower machines but may also lose it's appeal!My present system is a Pentium 4 2.66Ghz with 900 megs of DDRam and a Radeon 9700pro grapics card.With all settings maxed including shadows and full anisotropy and anti alliasing I average anywhere from 50fps to well over a hundred on the scenery at the moment! In addition to the scenery the macro collection will also be uploaded,based on actual photo footage to a degree when I can! So far I have been quizzed by the MPs'on my photo sessions but they seemed happy enough when I explained my intentions! best regards..David