Sign in to follow this  

3D Studio MAX help

G'dayis it possible to export direct from 3DS to FS or do you have to go via gmax. i tried moving all the FS gamepack files to their respective locations in 3DS but nothing happened. also, my model looks fine in 3DS and gmax as shown below, but is all screwed in FS. i've played wioth all the scale and tranform settings for hours with no results.Any help would be greatly appreciatedMichael Normandeauhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/12196.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/12197.jpg

You should import it into gmax and then into FS. Your work is should show as it should be in FS.Letats

Guest grimmy

Try a 'reset Xform' found under the utilities tab in Max or Gmax.It'll probably make a complete mess like your fs export but once you clean that up it should reexport correctly.What sort of poly count you got on that terminal. Looks a little heavy. Nice though :)

G'day, thanks mate i'll give it that a try. The poly counts about 26000 at the moment, although there's still another terminal to model on the other side. FPS fine at the moment, 20ish with it locked at 21, although it still needs alot of textures. i just hope it stays that way or i might need to do some modifications!!thanks againMichael Normandeau