Sign in to follow this  

Another Light Post Question

Another light post question this time from KORF...Hello fellow builders. First off, I want to thank you all for the loads of help I've received from your forum during the past 5 months that I've been building Norfolk International. Though I haven't posted yet, I haven't had too because most of my questions have already been answered from your other posts. This time, I have run into a problem which I can't seem to find the answer...I've built light posts at my terminal and I've messed around with the position of my Light_land to where I've got a nice light spread on the ground. This meant for me to put my light_land polygon a few meters above and behind where my actual modeled light is. As I said, the results on the ground are great. Only problem is that I can see the dot of light in the air a few meters above and behind my modeled light post. I'm trying to either hide that dot of light OR find a way to get a better spread on the ground while putting the light_land polygon back in the light post. Any ideas??Thanks,Matt Perry

Guest gorchi

Hi,if You have some kind of light box as a source, try hiding the source of landing light in the box. Otherwise sometimes is useful to add light.beacon (if using FSDS) to the source of landing.light so You will see the dot of light just from anywhere.Better (=wider) spread of light on the ground is unfortunatelly fixed by light.landing. But maybe You can do something with changing linear and exponential atenuation factor in Light() instruction. More about this You can get in SCASM documentation.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Thanks for posting. I forgot to mention that I am using GMAX. I agree with your statement about moving the source inside the box, but that is not high enough to create the desired lighting effect. I will definitely take a look at the SCASM code though... Thanks!!!Matt Perry

I think it is difficult to hide the light point, so you must place it on the correct location then.Have you tried to change the size of your object (triangle?) that produces the light. That way you should be able to influence the size of the light spot on the ground.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks for all your help guys and sorry it took so long to respond! I've gotten home from my Navy deployment so I got a chance to go back over to the airport and check things out. I realized that there are actually 3 lights per pole, and they just looked like 1 light in all the pictures I had. Needless to say, the 3 lights slightly offset from each other looks OK. Not 100% the way it really looks, but hey... this is SIMULATION right? I just have to stop being a perfectionist!! :-)