Sign in to follow this  

Create AFD files for existing airports

This is the problem: I've added some small freeware airports to my fs2002, all of them are visible in the "goto airport" menu but some are not visible in the approach, traffic... menus of the ATC when I approach to them. I noticed that the ones (i.e. AL08.BGL) controlled by the ATC have a file called AL08_AFD.BGL in their scenery directory, the ones not present in the ATC menus don't have this "_AFD.BGL" file. So, the question is: which is the smarter tool to create AFD files for existing aiports?Thanks

Guest gorchi

Hi!Now the problem is, do You want Your airport to be visible from FS menus only or You want to have ATC and AI traffic? In second case You must use AFCAD to add Your airport and for AI traffic, You must also add it to Airports.txt if You use Trafic Tools. And I think that only when adding it so, You will get also ATC there but I am not completely sure.Since You can add airport using AFCAD, there is no need to use AFD file btw although saved file in AFCAD looks preety much the same as would AFD source file (You must comment some lines at the begining and then compile it with SCASM).Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Only one more question: which are exactly the lines to be removed before compiling?Thanks for yout help