Sign in to follow this  
arno

GMAX and FS2002

Is there a GMAX tutorial specific to MSFS2002, I guess I would say it seems like there is a difference of terms in GMAX and FSDS2.I am specificly looking for information on how to place objects(lat/long)and create a BGL and import it into FS2002 as well as applying textures to the parts.Any help is appreciated.

Microsoft has made a tutorial about making a house in GMax, you can find it on the SDK page.To make a BGL you need to install the GMax gamepack, this gamepack can be found in the fs2002gmax folder (only if you have to pro version). I would also advise you to update to the latest version of MakeMDL, which can be found in the MakeMDL SDK.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno, I got that part figured out now I need to figure out how to set the field elevation.I am going to print the tutorial out later today and do the project.Thanks

When you export your object you can set the elevation if I remember correct. But ussually I enter nothing and then it will be placed at the altitude of the underlaying mesh.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog