Sign in to follow this  
Guest grimmy

AI problem

Guest grimmy

I have a strange problem with my ai planes. If I fly to my scenery from another location I notice that my AI planes are a few feet underground. If my start location is at my scenery the AI is fine. Changing the time of day will also fix it.I also noticed in FS Navagator that theres 2 airport directory popup thingies displaying Airport Name, country etc. Ones mine, the other is the original MS one. There seems to be a 3 feet difference in ground elevation between the two. The MS info is coming from a file called usneaf04.bgl in the adffiles dir. The other is coming from one of my BGLs.could this be causing the problem? Any help would be great please guys.Thx georgehttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/12692.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/12693.jpg

Guest Tony_A

Your mention of 3 foot is interesting. If you used the default Cessna in slew mode to get the altitude of your scenery, the altitude you see in Fs2002 is actually 3 feet above ground level. FS2002 shows the altitude of the centre of gravity of whatever aircraft you are using not the ground altitude. Tony

Guest gorchi

Hi!I agree with Tony about Cessna height. You didn't mention if You have designed this airport or not. The easiest soulution would be, if You are creator of the airport, to put it lower for that difference otherwise I would make an exclude (maybe with more than 1 exlude bgl's) on default airport and put those exclude BGL's to the scenery folder of this addon airport.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

If you have loaded a new AFCAD file for that airport, please check of the airport altitude in the AFCAD file is equal to the ground level of the scenery. When there is a difference you can get effects like this.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest grimmy

All fixed up now. It was just a 3 foot error in the afcad. Thx alot chaps.