Sign in to follow this  
Guest grimmy

"There is an invalid texture coordinate in..."

When exporting I recieve an errormessage: "There is an invalid texture coordinate in..." This happened after I started texturing a mesh model.Any ideas what might be causing this? TIAJohan

I assume you are talking about GMax here? I have never seen such an error. Did you use UVWMap or Unwrap to texture your mesh?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Should have included that: yes, in GMax. And I did indeed use UVWMap to position the texture on all sides. I think I did the same I allways do, but apparantly something must have gone wrong...EDIT: the error message above is truncated, I just now noticed. It fully reads: "There is an invalid texture coordinate in Pier04", where Pier04 is the part I'm texturing.Johan

Guest grimmy

Just slap any old UVmap on the untextured parts until you get round to texturing it properly.Select the untextured polys; not the ones you

Ok, 11 years later, but I was search for an answer and didn't really find it.  However a combination of error messages led me to the answer that worked for me.

In my drawing, I had added a pitched roof to a box, by extruding the top of the box and then dragging the corner vertices down to the bottom of the roof using the tools at the bottom of the screen for snapping to a vertices.  This method generates errors if you try and compile the model even without textures.  Degenerates errors occur if you try and export the model.  So, I decided to try welding these vertices together, so I just selected the vertices in each corner of the roof, and selected weld.  This changed the text on the right menu from 2 Vertices Selected to just a single number indicating which vertice was selected.

I then remapped the textures and exported successfully.  Hope this helps save a few hours for someone else.

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.