Sign in to follow this  

BusyObjects Issue

Guest nickw

Hi All,I am getting this error when Compiling using FSSC a Busyobjects API -> IfVarRange( :Skip 346 4 ) -> too few parametersScasm compilation status: error(s) 1Now, I did not get this error with the beta... any help appreciated.Thanks,

Hi NickFrom my experience with the IfVarRange() command the criteria is :-IfVarRange( :Jumptolabel(Skip) Fsvar(346) Min Value(2) Max Value(5))The minimum/Maximum Value equals Miniumum= density setting you require objects to display and Maxiumum= Range (5/Extremely Dense) or 32767 as I was advised by GerrishI hope this helps, although I am not familiar with FSSC and what control you have of altering the contents that get included in the brackets of the command. Regrds Dave

Guest nickw

Thanks Dave....I am not great at SCASM coding... the great thing about this program (Busy Objects) is that it creates the file for you, then you just call the object from the library.What is weird is that when I was using the beta of this software, I managed to animate a vehicle for our first release of scenery.I think it must be a bug in the new version (it creates this entry incorrectly).In fact, I took a look at the example that comes with the download, and this section is very different.I have emailed Bernd, and I am sure he will have the answer.Thanks for posting!Cheers,

Guest nickw

OK,I got it working... here is how...For some reason, the import from the sca source file is MASSIVE!So, basically, to solve the problem, you must scale down the import in GMAX to the size required for the path.Then, another important note..... Make sure to use the example.tpl file that comes with the download. If you do not, it does not create the API code correctly.Thank God for that!

Hi Nick.Guess you found a bug in BusyObjects. Luckily there is an easyworkaround. If you create the API without a template, changethe line that reads IfVarRange( :Skip 346 %12 4 )to this line IfVarRange( :Skip 346 %%12 4 )That really fixes the problem. The next version (due in 2-3 weekstime) will have that fix included.Thanks again,Bernd._