Sign in to follow this  
arno

Strange phenomena during dawn/dusk VTP polys

Guest luissa

Daniel,I have not used Ground2k and I do not know the meaning of the "Imbrication" parameter. However I can confirm that in my last project I used VTP2 square polygons applied to full Areas (LOD13 squares). Some 5 or 6 Areas (out of 90) behave as you describe. The effect is worst when you change the "time of day" abruptly through the menu, instead of letting time go forward steadly!I noticed that the problematic areas seem to be near the ocean (but some of these are OK). I would like to learn more about this!Regards, Luis

> When time FS is in DUSK or DAWN mode, several VTP2>polygons dissapear, and the underlying landclass is shown.Hi!You must define all the textures for VTP2 polys, Winter, Hard Winter, spring, summer, autumn and Light map. (*.LM.bmp) I guess it is the LM texture that is missing, you must absolutely have it. You can also paint it transparent (just black 0, 0, 0) if you don't want to draw any lights in it.Tatu

Guest luissa

Hi Tatu,It is not that simple! The _LM is there! Thanks for the tip!Regards, Luis

Hi all.This is the first I've heard of this problem.If the roads are fine, I suspect this may be a problem with the layer number used. Ground2K defaults to 7, and anything from 4-7 is maskable by LWM polys... to trim for water.I just wonder if the polys were at layer 8 or above, if the problem would persist... or in the case of imbrication, if the polys on top should be a higher layer number than the polys beneath.Dick

Guest luissa

Hi Dick,In our project we used layer 5! Please see your email here at avsim! Regards, Luis

Hey, thanks for all the responses...! :)I

I will take a look in our VTP scenery and see if I can find the same problem. Until now I have never seen it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog