Sign in to follow this  
Guest JR Morgan

Elevated Helipad Appears On Terrain "Hill"

Guest EdrickV

Harrier? Is it payware? If not, where'd you find it? I like unusual planes (like the Osprey which can be strange to fly) and looked for a Harrier before on AVSIM and, I think FlightSim, but didn't find one.Mostly I was doing this stuff as an experiment to see if I could do it. (I'm not expecting to build an actual bridge, especially with EOD. It's rather limited in object creation, not to mention old.) And the reason I mentioned scaling is my original test macro was a bit too small for me to manage to land on (it's hard trying to judge your altitude in relation to an elevated landing surface in a plane) so I figured I'd try scaling the macro up in FSSC. I ended up going a bit overboard with the scaling, the box shown in FSSC wasn't accurate. The height of the area 16 surface didn't change because the scale factor wasn't checked, so the visible surface was at something like 1000-2000 feet while the invisible landable surface was at like 100. :) (Like I said, I went overboard on the scaling.) This was using code made by EOD that I'd manually tweaked a bit.And all this started because I remembered some BFUers asking in a thread about CoF if CoF had landable bridges like Flight Unlimited 3 has. :) Being a programmer, I like to tweak things and experiment a lot. Now I've got a new macro to experiment with.Edit: BTW, by SenseBorder I meant your second method rather then your first. EoD uses the second, but with some minor differences. (Height is adjusted depending on the value of %11 for example.)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest JR Morgan

Eric do a "Search File Library" in Flightsim.com and search for 'Jim Atkins' and 'Alejandro Villa' and you'll get Harriers galore. The one I'm using the most is the Alejandro Villa latest mod -- called 'Harrier II plus V2'. 'Has 12 notches of flap setting which vectors the thrust pretty accurately and although the real AV8 is sub-sonic, the Villa mod is capable of 8 knots to Mach 3. I think all the Harriers there are variations on Jim Atkins' original .air file.My favorites to 'pilot' are Helis, STOL, and Aerobatic planes.Yes, the 'Scale' settings are not usually applicable in the Area16 macros. The main things in the older Area16 macros were the 'SetElevation' and the 'SenseBorder' opcodes. The older Area16 code actually actually has much more 'system overhead' (more complex, functionwise) than the macro using the AdvBldg technique and the latter method macro does all the adjustments for you. It does require that 'Detect Crash' be set though, which IMHO is actually a good thing to get Heli Pilots to hone up their touchdown skills.OK, go getyourself a Harrier and slow her down to 8 kts with all the vertical thrust you can muster-up and start landing on those helipads:-vuurJ.R