Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

ILS problems

Guest bones

Having excluded the default FS2002 airfield and added my own I find something odd. My ILS for 08 works perfectly but the ILS for 26 only gives GP readings - no localiser signal.Has this been experienced before by anyone?boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Did you exclude the existing NAVAIDs when you made your exclude and then make new NAVAIDs with your scenery? If not, open the scenery library and disable your new scenery. If that doesn't work, remove the exclude file from your scenery (if you have an exclude file) and see if the default ILS works properly.If the ILS works with the default scenery, then I would look at the exclude to see if you masked the ILS. However, I would assume if you masked one, you would have masked all within the exclude area.If you made new ILS in your scenery, I would recheck what parameter you gave each.

Guest bones

Yep, ran through all the checks and the exclude is set to kill navaids. I would have thought I'd get duplicate signals from both ILS's if I hadn't done that.I've extended the exclude quite a way past the ends of the shortish runway (5800ft) so it should have killed both localiser signals.I'll check to see what code ASD threw up for the one's I've created. Yes - I still use ASD because one ILS is offset by 3 degrees. The localiser is actually south of the runway near the PAPI's because the runway ends at a cliff. ASD can let me set this up properly.boneshttp://fsaviation.net