Sign in to follow this  
Guest hefy_jefy

Microsoft May Have Dumped Terraserver

Terraserver, previously an excellent resource for background images, appears to either be down or Microsoft has sold it. I guess the latter since there is a new commercial terraserver service up now. Ground2K greatly benefitted from this service. I really do not know where we can secure nationwide USA photos to allow us to properly place roads, rivers and coastlines. Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Indeed that is so. Initially I could get nothing from it. Then, in the evening, it worked but slow. This morning it is once again working well. Always suspicious of corporate motives. CEO has become a dirty word.I am loading up on material from Terraserver just in case someone discovers Mr. Cox's program that pulls down large amounts of photo data in one go. Dickklbe

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest hefy_jefy

Yes indeed, but I have found recently that positons in FS tie in better with the "Location Sensor" position in MS Sreets and Trips. Not surprising I suppose given that they are both MS products - I can't see Bill paying for the information twice!;-)This might be a projection thing though.So these days I use Doug Cox's program for the photographic detail but a Streets and Trips screen grab to make it fit with existing stuff in FS2002.Geoff