Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robi

Need help with g2k

Guest Robi

Sorry if i'm here again I'm neewbe and need help from you. I've try to solve my problem but i'm not able to do it myself.I made a little scen (only roads) follow the instructions found on g2k_for_beginner.I got:1) A land with water poly instead roads so i've change the param on LWM/POLY section checking land param and set altidute to 154 m that's the altitude of my zone.2) after recompiling water poly desappear and i got.. nothing.. only original scen.. Where are go my roads ?Maybe they don't like my town ??? ;-)In poly/line/shore section i've too an altitude setting to 154 m.Where i am wrong ??? MAybe altitude setting must be 0 ???Can help me ????Thanks allRobi

Hello Robi,I suppose you wanted to create only roads, but no polygons, right?At first you must select the radio-button "Line/LakeShore" in the "Poly/Line/Shore" list. If you select "Line/LakeShore", only the objects in "Line/Shore" box are valid. Whatever you select in the various LWM/Poly sections are ignored (you only create VTP lines).The "Altitude(m)" box sets the altitude of VTP lines.- see attached picture.If you select other Radiobuttons, the values in the other boxes are used and not longer ignored."Poly without shore" - produces just a polygon - values from LWM/Poly or VTP2/Poly or VTP1/Poly are used"Poly with shore" produces a polygon and a line - values from Line/Shore and (from LWM/Poly or VTP2/Poly or VTP1/Poly) are used"Line/LakeShore" - produces just a line - values from LWM/Poly are used."Coastline" - I am not quite sure about its usage.Hope it helps,Edgar

Guest Robi

Hello EdgarI suppose you wanted to create only roads, but no polygons, right?That's will be my first step and after i'll going to complete the rest but before I have to overcome this problem...I think that i've made as you say but surely something is wrong..In two words, i explain my steps...After Load a map i've only put in 5 - 6 roads.I repeat ... after compiling nothing appear on my fs..This evening i'll try to redo all but i have some doubt that solve the problemI've setting my road as you can see in the attached picture..Maybe i must setting something in Area attributes or in other places ???PS Sorry for by bad english...Robi

Hi Robi... looking at your screenshot... I think I know what the problem is.You are trying to do roads... so you want to select VTP2 poly... right now you have selected LWM... thus explains your water issues.Select the radio button below LWM on the far left.... should give you what you want! :-wave

>You are trying to do roads... so you want to select VTP2>poly... right now you have selected LWM... thus explains your>water issues.Hello,I don't think this fully correct.I think, the Radiobuttons "LWM/Poly", "VTP2/Poly" and "VTP1/Poly" are completeley ignored, when you choose "Line/LakeShore".Everything seems to be correct in Robi's screenshot.Maybe there is a problem with an exclude file in the scenery folder and its naming. (Naming problem: excludefiles should be first in alphabetic order of filenames). Try for a test to delete any exclude bgl.Cheers,Edgar

Guest Robi

Hi Edgar and JamesI'm at work now and till this evening I'll can't try your suggest...but in the scenery folder i've put the only two files that g2k produced : City_5.bgl and city_9.bgl (City is name of prj).Please take a look on this other attach..Maybe i must unselect all or someone options???Also yesterday i've tried to put the altitude at 0 meter and on fs i've got a drop of terrain around roads of 154 meters that is the altitude of my town, without see roads...ThanksCiao from italy

Hi Roby,I am afraid, I have no real idea. You have no exclude files, just some VTP2 polygons (City_5.bgl) and some VTP2 streets (City_9.bgl)The 0m altitude test was a real good check - the VTP2 lines seems to be recognized!Maybe you can test 2 more things:- remove City_5.bgl temporarily (just for testing)- use wider lines ( I use usually 15m and more for a road) - its just a guess.Sorry that I can't help you more,Edgar

Ciao Robi,It may be that you are making your roads too narrow. You have chosen a width of 10 (meters) - given that about a third of that width is a transparent area in the road texture, you are getting road lines that are so thin that you may not be able to see them. Try giving your roads a width of 20 and see what happens.Best regards.Luis

Guest Robi

Thanks boysThis evenin i'll try all solution.I'm going to use g2k because with fssc i get all my roads but autogen desappear and so i want try with g2k.I'll tell you my experiments tomorrow Ciao