Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdrickV

Can i use polygons to make runways an ramp

Guest Corey

Look at these picture, shows a ramp area that I made with FSDS v2 an used FSSC to compile it in to flightsim. The first one look ok that

The bluriness is caused by mip-mapping. Mip-mapping will help FS2002 render a textured object by using a smaller texture (mipmap) at a long distance. However, sometimes you get that bluriness that you see in your screeshot. Think of it as a trade off - you can turn off mip-mapping if you prefer Sometimes, FS2002 will try to create it's own mipmaps, but from my experience this is not desirable. Try searching for mip-mapping in the library to learn more.I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to show in the other picture, but I think you are trying to apply a custom texture to a runway. It looks like your texture is being applied in a pattern, whereas you would prefer to have it applied "litterally"... well, I'm not sure how to say it. Hopefully, someone else can tell you exactly what I mean. But, it's hard to say exactly what is going on if we don't know what you are trying to do and how you created it. I've created custom-textured-runways, and had no problem, but I never liked the effect anyway, so I don't bother anymore.- Martin

Guest Corey

Thanks for the quick reply the runway texture that you see is on a polygon I made in FSSC, the problem is that when I put the the texture on the polygon it shows double. The good thing with FSSC polygons, when you but texture on them they show up in FS2K2 good with no blurriness.

Guest EdrickV

For your tiling problem, you could try adjusting the scale, once you have the polygon shaped the way you want it. That might not work quite right though. An alternative would be to make a flat polygon in a macro and apply the texture to it. (An easy way to do that is to use Easy Object Designer, which seems pretty old but is still useful in making macros if you don't have FS2k2 Professional.)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."