Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

DXT1 bmps in scenery

Guest JoeW

This is kind of a stupid question. I should know the answer but I don't.I tryed to convert some of the textures that are in a scenery that has been already released ( It's one of mine). After I converted them to DXT1 using ImageTool that comes with Gmax, The textures would not show. What did I do wrong? What do I need to do to get them to show? ThanksJoe W.

Guest JoeW

The textures are 512x512x256 bmps made with PSP or Photoshop. Some are photo's and some are just plain textures.No I didn't make mips... They didn't seem necessary. I'll try that though.ThanksJoe W

Guest R5D4

I had a similar problem recently - created a bmp in dxt1 format but didn't create the mips - so textures only showed up at first level (i.e. really close). HTH.

Guest JoeW

The Mips were it... I put them in and all show great.Thanks Guys.... I knew I was doing something stupid.ThanksJoe W.