Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Constructing Aerials

Hi guysI have posed this question before but in more complicated form.I wish to construct a simple aerial in the picture below, I have made a girder type triangular framework from transparent textures, for the one aerial on the right. It is the aerial on the left with the triangular feet and single whip aerial which is posing the questionhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/15841.jpgIt's the angular feet in the close up shot, made of tube, that is posing some difficulty. Would I create this structure from polygons or transparent texture on a triangle (4sided) I am only conversent in FSDS V1.6b, unfortunately, Gmax hasn't hit Wales(UK)If constructing from tubes, its the scale(small) that worries me!! Is the answer to work large in FSDS and reduce in Fs2002?Any throughts apprecieated, just need guiding in the right directionRegards Davehttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/15842.jpg

Hi Dave,I think you can do it both ways. Are make a simple pyramid with a transparant texture on it, or make it from 4 6-sided tubes or so. If you reduce the scale in the project settings of FSDS to a small value, it should appear fine. Of course you must also enter that value when you place the API then.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno, as alwaysI'll give the tubes a go!!!RegardsDave

Guest gorchi

Dave,I would do it using lines. Make a pyramid for the bottom and one 3-sided polygon for top antenna and then join them together in one part and make part appear as lines, not solid. This would be asier on FPS and antenna will be visible from greater distance.Of course You can do it as Arno says but then I would limit the distance from acft to max 200m. At greater distance it will just burn FPS so with greater distance use line variant of antennas.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net