Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

City maker program.

Hi a week ago I saw an utility listed on either this site or flightsim.com. It had a feature where one could add their town/city if $Ms left it out by pasteing 2d bmp texture tiles over the grassy or bare area. Then the other day I tried looking for it again and couldn't find it. Has anyone come across this file and what site is it on? There are alot of small towns and farming area left out in the southern Ontario area. I also want to add the Welland Canal (and maybe a ship or two), which seems to have been left out.thanks, Tim.

Guest gorchi

Hi,I have downloaded Citybuilder a loooong time ago ang frankly, I do not use it because I rather use landclass. But it is useful, You can add custom macros (although there are some stupid tricks, like You must have some light on object?!) and place it where You want them.Basically it makes one large API that uses other API's using TransformCall instruction and these API's have stripped header.Anyway, the same effect like in CityBuilder can be achieved using FSSC/Airport for Windows/Ground maker and using some already prepared macros of houses or FS house, which consume much less FPS.If I will come across CityBuilder I will post a link. Hope it helps. Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest Hugo

Tim, I don't know which utility you are refering to but there is a free Landclass dld from FSGenisis that adds a lot of smalltowns and small communities that don't show in native FS. It is mainly built to cover US but does exceed to cover a good chunk of southern Ontario as well (but realy messes Montreal Island and dosen't show much of southern Quebec :-( ). You can get it here; http://files.fsgenesis.net/freefiles/lcus_09b6.exe 2.6 megI found it quite nice for southern Ontario.If needed you can use Landclass Assistant to modify a particular area and, both, LCA and FSGenesis bgls, will co-habit happyly :-)To make particular scenery addon like buildings or ships or Welland canal though, you will need to build them with some object designer program (EOD, Gmax) (or find already made api macros) and insert them through a scenery desinger prog like Airport, FSSC etc.Hope it helpsHugo

Thanks Hugo. I went to that land-class assistant site and their files are now payware instead of freeware. Do you know of any sites where people can share their software in the same way as they do on the Kazaa site? Thanks, Tim.

Landclass Assistant can be downloaded here from the AvSim library and it is free.http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=15721http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=22790The second link is an upgrade. I think you are refering to FsLandClass, which is indeed payware (has never been freeware).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Tony_A

Hi Tim, you could try using EZ-Landclass to put in the missing towns and cities. You will need to have MS Excel and FSUIPC for this. To add the canal you could use Coastline-maker. For the ships, you could use Airport for Windows of FS Scenery Manager to add some ship macros. Search for ship API files on the forums. Tony

Guest Hugo

Tim, the link above, http://files.fsgenesis.net/freefiles/lcus_09b6.exe, is to access direct download of US territory landclass file that also contains the Ontario area. If you prefer you can use this url; http://www.fsgenesis.net/products/landclass/lcus.html , FSGenisis site, where you will find the link for the free download (upper right corner). There is also a payware version but I donno if it would contain the Ontario chunk.As Arno mentionned Landclass Assistant is a freeware. It permits to edit limited areas to something you think would be more representative.If, for example, you install FSGenisis file above and take a look at Borden you may find that this area is much better than what came with original FS. But you may also find that just west of Borden, an area you know very well, is still represent as forest where you know dam well this area is farm land ( you were born and raised there for C... ;-)). Then you could use Landclass Assistant modify this specific area produce a bgl specificaly for it and it'll take precedence to whatever FSGenisis had put there.Tony mentionned EZ-Landclass, which I also have, installed and looked at briefly. Seams to be a very good tool too though I haven't produced anything with it yet. Basicaly it essentialy does the same thing as Landclass Assistant, in a different way, some may prefer.As Arno mentionned, there is also FSLandclass which is a payware. I have tried a module of it that covers a band containing part of southern Quebec down to New York city. I was not impress by its results, at least for the Quebec area I know better and don't use it. That is not to say it ain't a good addon, many will swear by it. It is only I don't feel it renders for Quebec area.In short, I think you will like what FSGenisis offers (for free!!) for the area your are interessed in. Attached a view of the area covered by FSGenisis file. As you can see Southeast Ontario is pretty well covered :-) Now, if only Justin could come with something as good for southern Quebec... ;-)Hugo