Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiZBUG

Major problems with Saitek X36 joystick HELP!

I've been having many problems configuring this joystick for use with FS2002.I have adjusted the sensitivities in FS, which still seem to be too sensitive. I'm currently using FSUIPC 2.85, and i've tried to set up the axis on the joystick to try to remove the following problems:Throttle = Now using full movement on throttle stick, but not smoothAileron = The digital values are not settling down, causing movements to happen, even if i'm not turning.Rudder = The digital values are also not settling down, applying CONSTANT right rudder.With this CONSTANT right rudder, i'm having to apply left rudder to compensate. This is NOT raw effect to let u all know. With any amount of movement, the a/c immediately viers off to the right. It is not a gradual turn, but near immediate. I always have to apply left rudder, or left movement on the joystick (if rudder disabled) to keep a/c in a kind of straight line. :-newburn Trimmers, FSUIPC have no effect on this issue, and i've had it for MONTHS (actually since buying FS). :-fumeI've put up with it all this time, but now i've getting abit p***ed off. I've tried to sort this problem out by disabling the rudder axis, but the problem seems to remain (which i also think could be coming from dodgy Ailerons digital values). You can image trying to taxi is extremly difficult, going left to right of the centerline when covering basically no distance at all. :-newburn I'm in desperate need of help on this one, as i kind of loose interest in flying with a control which doesn't seem to work in the program.At least by using FSUIPC, i've been able to see that the digital values are having a problem settling down and keep on flickering about.Anyone else with an X36 having these problems?If not, PLEASE HELP!...............Any help would be much appreciatedCheersWill

Hi - I have the same problems as you, one day I hooked up the usb x36 and all the axis were not centered. Somehow the calibration in the stick got corrupted. Anyway have you been to http://saitekhelp.simhq.com/ There are a couple of utilities that might help. Go there and download the Thrustmaster pro panel utility and it will let you calibrate your stick. If that doesn't work you may have to also use x36 cal utility(which is there also) which will let you change the centering. There is lots of help there to tell you how to use them. I'm still using the x36 only because they keep delaying the TM Cougar, I hate the throttle noise I get and seeing them wiggle on the panels.David

Cheers for the reply. I thought others would be having problems with this joystick also. It did work fine in FS2000 but now.. totally crap.I sure hope this Thrustmaster utility will sort it out, otherwise i'm totally lost what to do otherwise - Other than contact Saitek.Have ALL your problems now gone with ur X36, or are u still getting them?I wonder if the X45 is getting these problems also?... Maybe possible to use IT'S drivers?Will

I have been using the X36 in FS2k2 since 2k2 came out with very few problems, and those have been tamed using the setup features of FSUIPC.I have never had a probem with the throttle setting although I do get fluctuations on the other axis, but again cured with FSUIPC.I have CH Pro Pedals with the X36 and even those give noise so it itsn't just the X36.BTW You can calibrate the trim axis in FSUIPC if you have assigned one of the rotary's to 'trim' in FS2k2.As has been suggested, youre best bet is try the siatekhelp forum at www.simhq.com.Best of luckVulcan

I wonder if it's something to do with u using rudder pedals?What version of windows are u using?Will

I have moved the rudder axis to the thumb rotary. Believe it or not it works very well. The rudder control on the x36 and least mine was never right. I think partly because it is spring loaded and does not always return to absolute center. Ive been using the rotary method since fs2k2 came out. It takes a little getting used to but its worth it.BobG

I'm using TM rudder pedals and yes they have noise but I'm also using the FSUIPC and haven't been able to get rid of the noise where the crappy AB detent is suppose to be. The problem I have is with the joystick itself the built in calibration is all messed up. The only problem I have now is the throttle handle is really loose and won't tighten anymore. Suppose to start shipping cougars next week.David

Hmmm, might consider putting rudder to a rotary instead, but for the mo, the thrustmaster pro panel and manual calibration "might" sort the problem, or i hope i doesWill

After many hours working on this, i can't believe i missed the rudder axis slider in Sensitivities. I was unaware of any scroll bar to the right (i'm completely blind lol) i always thought that on my FS there was only throttle, elevator, and aileron axis. I moved the rudder null zone, which centralised the rudder.Thats all it was.....Cheers Oli for talking me through what i couldn't see. I've also adjusted the sensitivity for the elevator trim, which works like a charm.I did a test flight, and on landing.... perfect! :DLater Will

Guest GiZBUG

I put those beta saitek drivers on, now I cant configure my buttons from within FS2002. What gives?