Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Runtime Error 340

Help! Suddenly I cannot open my LWM Project. Error message" Runtime error 340" Control array element 1 doesnt exist". I have *.lwm file. What I am missing here and how can I restore the work. Quite few hours went to made it to this stage.ThanksTed

Hello Ted,First thing to do is NOT panic. Difficult, I know, after a lot of work on a project.I think I got that error yesterday when I was trying to repeatedly generate a project with the dread "2 curves cross" error. But, maybe it was not due to that, only a failure of the Visual Basic runtime module.Or so I assume, because I re-booted my computer and everything was fine.If this does not work, perhaps you could remember what you did previous to the error.It once happened to me that I created a textured polygon using a texture that was not in the FS2002 folder. Ground2K generated the bgl, but FS crashed. Then, Ground2k would not open the file at all. The solution was to open the LWM file and change the texture path to something in the FS2002 folder.Your tasks in the time period immediately preceding the problem are the key to the error.Best regards.Luis

Thanks for warm words of support and hope.Suddenly I cannot open my LWM Project which is somehow advanced and I hope not to lose it. I have still *.lwm file and in fact I made backup of the entire Ground2k folder. In order to save the situation I made also remake of the same LOD area. That went OK that is the program works OK. It hangs up while loading the resample picture of the background map. In my wandering on my HD I came upon several $$$ 1_0 ....$$$2_1.bmp in Temp folder which are the pieces of some other background photo never used or played with. So somehow the temporary resample photo got corrupted or so I think it did. The only significant thing I did prior to this mishap was to install Norton Antivirus and cleared IE temp folder. Anyway in despair and search for the solution I came upon new method of tracing VTP stuff from the maps. It has to do with selection by color, layers and separate bgls for each component. It seems to be good organized way to go so I think, I'll restart the project again.It will prevent or at least minimize loss of time in the future should similar problems occure again. Thanks anywayTed

Hello Ted,You have not lost your original project. The LWM file can still be opened with WordPad and compiled using the ASM files. You must now simply find what is wrong with the file.Christian Fumey is quite busy and cannot always answer right away, but you could send him your LWM file and ask him to take a look. Do not send the bitmap, please.The $xx.bmp files that you found are simply remnants of the Ground2K process. Ground2K cuts up your bitmap into multiple images that are 2000 x 2000 pixels in dimension because of limitations in Visual Basic. When Ground2K shuts down normally, these temporary bitmaps are eliminated, but if you crash, they stay in the folder. You can delete them or not - it doesn't matter. The next time that Ground2K starts up, it replaces them with new temporary bitmaps.Best regards.Luis

Thanks Luis, I already contacted Christian and sent him all info. As I mentioned in the previus post I restarted the project with subdivision on elements: general(exclusion), hydro (rivers, streams, lakes and coast), forests, urban and roads/railroads. I use separate background maps extracted from one and the same original with Photosho "color select" device. It gives me very clear and uncluttered picture of what I am doing in LOD8. That also makes me working twice as fast because I am not distracted by other stuff on the map. Also I am less prone to make mistake because the process is quite automatic and all settings are +/- the same for each element.Ted

Hi Ted.I like your approach for using separate projects for different elements of a scenery. It is a safeguard for a large project, and does keep things cleaner while working... a good tip.Dick