Sign in to follow this  

Can you help me with DOD??

Whenever I've had a problem I've managed to get the answer here on the forum so thanks, guys. Hope my success rate continues with this one.I've been experimenting with DOD v3 in FS2002 to get objects moving around my scenery with great success except for one thing. Objects float above the ground.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/17579.jpgI've used a height of '0' in my DOD parameters and I've played around with scenery heights but so far no luck.Any ideas? I hope I can get it to work as now I've undestood how to make DOD work it's a simple and very effective way of getting movement in scenery.

This always seems to happen with small objects. Some time ago I got a little tool from somewhere that can fix it. I hope I can find it back somewhere.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Hi!I agree with Arno on this subject. It is possible to overcome the problem using TransformCall instruction like this:

RotatedCall( :Mytruck 0 0 %5 )Jump32( : ):MyTruckTransformCall( :MyTruckParts 0 -10 0  0 0  0 0  0 0 )Return:MyTruckPartsCall32( :MyPart1 )Call32( :MyPart2 )Call32( :MyPart3 )Call32( :MyPart4 )Return

Soory, I can't be more exact with code but I hope You see where is the point. This should be put just after the header, where You are calling all the parts to draw. Of course You can use instead of Call32() instructions also TransformCall32( :MyPart1 0 -10 0 ...) instruction. In both cases -10 is the distance between the object and the ground and I don't know the rule to mesure it but You can do it with try-correct method :)Hope it helps! Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi arno, goran. Thanks for your help in the past by the way.Here's the DOD code for the truck I've shown - it just makes it move endlessly in a simple oval.; ======================================================; Source code generated using Dynamic Object Designer v3.0 ; ANY commercial use of this program and generated files NOT allowed; ======================================================; Author : Scenery made by Roger Molemif( [ $Version < 225 ] ) error( you need at least the SCASM version 2.25 or later )mifendCopyRight( [DOD3.0]Scenery made by Roger Mole )Set( Area15mx 32 )Header( 1 N22:24:23 N22:13:36 E114:17:49 E114:06:10 )LatRange( N22:13:36 N22:24:23 ); Dynamic Scenery sectionArea15( N22:24:23 N22:13:36 E114:17:49 E114:06:10 )LatRef( N22:19 ) CallDLibObj( :DYN01 4 0 00C2CDA9 A9E100AA 783513D0 4CFE2F4F )Exit:DYN01 ;Fuel Truck SetPos( N22:19:42.0000 E114:12:13.0000 0 ) Heading( 0 ) ACS( 1 ) ; crash control= OFF Heading( 0 ) Heading( 0 ) AccelerateXY( 30 2.0 0 200 ) Turn( 6 270 20 ) MoveXY( 15 -100 0 ) Turn( 6 180 20 ) MoveXY( 30 0 -200 ) Turn( 6 90 20 ) AccelerateXY( 20 0.5 100 0 ) Turn( 6 0 20 ) Jump( :DYN01 )End15Right - I'm a bit stoopid as you know :-) so where the heck do I shove this code? Sorry to make you do all the hard work!Roger

You must make the changes in the library with your object, not in the file that defines the animation. So in your case you must change the BGL that contains the truck.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Whoooooa!I just disassembled a DOD library bgl and I can see that's way beyond me.Maybe I should just try importing a custom object into DOD? Can it be done? Would it be a valid approach? Trouble is due to the age of the prog there's no helpfile available now as far as I know.Also what about Dynkit? Can that be used to make objects other than aircraft dynamic in 2D? From what I can see it can, but so far I've got errors every time I try to import a bgl I've created in FSSC containing just the object I want to move.Sighhhhh. So much to learn.....so little time......so little brain :) Roger

Normally you can use DynKit to add objects. It's a long time ago that I used those programs. I think it can also import a BGL but only if it contains one object placed at 0,0. Nothing else can be in the BGL. And I am not sure if it can work with the new SCASM commands from Fs2002.I have also found back the tool I used to solve it. I got it from Louis Sinclair, it's called LibTool. I don't know if he has ever released it. If you can't find it drop me an email.

Arno

Thanks Arno.I've been rummaging around looking at the DOD Lib files and I note that for every Lib bgl file there's a corresponding DKI (sorry, all you more experienced people already know that but it's new for me:) )The dki files can be opened and edited in Wordpad and the figure that needs to be altered to get an object to sit down is quite obvious (it corresponds to the gear height if you load the bgl into Dynkit hangar)Trouble is if you edit the figure in the dki it doesn't alter the figure in the bgl wherever it is - and you can't just drag and drop the dki onto Scasm (as I'd vainly hoped!) to get a new bgl.Is there a way of converting the edited dki file into a new bgl file, because if so on the face of it that would make the whole thing very easy.Roger

dki files are files saved by DynKit, so maybe you can try to fix the gear height there (but for my objects that didn't work then).

Arno

Guest falko

the program LibTool by Louis Sinclair is still available at:ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/rundio/FSDSThe Jerry-Arzdorf-truck that RollerBall is trying to use is available -with corrected altitude for use with FS2000 (maybe also O.K. for FS2002)- in the library-file DIDL01.ZIP at Flightsim.com. The corrections were made with the LibTool-program.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far guys but afraid I'm still not quite there.Did a search for DIDL01.ZIP on flightsim but it looks as though it's been removed now. But anyway, I'd like to be able to create my own objects anyway or modify the ones that are available.Downloaded LibTool - thanks falko - have run it but so far can't make any changes happen.When you load the relevant library into it you get the objects listed but without the dki names, so you have to choose the right one and I guess they're in the same order as they appear when the library bgl is loaded into the Dynkit hangar.Then you have to 'translate' the object's X/Y/Z parameters. I didn't know which was 'height' - I assume Y - so I changed them all by -1 metre and resaved the file.Cranked it into DOD (just replaced the object in an existing dynamic file) and.....no change!I'm not ready to quit just yet because I still think that this would be the easiest (and probably overlooked) way to get dynamic objects into a FS2002 scenery if I can iron out the bugs. I'm only interested in ground objects (like airport buses, service vehicles etc) and I see it like this (idealised)1. Create a static object (EOD? VOD?)2. Make it into a bgl3. Make a library of objects for your scenery (or add it to an exisiting library) using Dynkit4. Use DOD with its simple motion commands to create a dynamic scenery bgl including as many (up t0 30?) of the objects as you wantBut - frustration - I just don't quite seem to be able to pull all the strands together yet - even though I think all the components are currently available.Am I crazy or should the approach be as simple as I think - no need for 'BusyObjects' programming or Gmax animation or anything like that.I'm sorry that I don't have the basic knowledge I need to do this and keep needing so much support.Roger

Guest falko

Hi Roger 1. the files DIDL01.ZIP and DIDL02.ZIP are still available at flightsim 2. I think you are right with your suggestions about programming with DOD 3. You did not mention at witch location you are storing your library. It should be in the FS2002SCENERY folder, not in a local folder. Falko

Thanks again falkoOriginal reply lost when forums went down. Got both of the files you mentioned and have had great success with them.This is an easy way to add dynamics without the need for too much know-how.I couldn't get LibTool to work myself so I will have to find out what the secret is. Also will have to find out how to create my own objects and object libraries. Any suggestions?Thanks for you help and suggestions so far.Roger