Sign in to follow this  

GMAX . how do I export a simple animation

hi everyoneone other stupide questionI created an animation (a simle box climbing on a cylinder)it animates ok in g max but what do i do to export as scenery and visible in fs2002 to see my animation? thanks

See the readme.rtf in your fs2002 folder about gamepacks. If you don't have fs2002Pro then you will not have the export *.dle file for gmax so you will not be able to export to fs2002 via the *.dle and MAKEMDL.EXE.

hi, thanksyes i have fs2k2 pro and managed to export objects via make mdl the only thing i don t know the settings to display my animation in fs

Guest Firestriker

The most common problems are not naming the animated objects properly or not having the proper key frames. Animated scenery objects need the "tick18_" prefix in their name and the animations key frame should start at zero and can go up to 1023. I have found that most animations over 256 frames get kinda jerky in FS even though they look fine in gWax. I think it is a problem in makemdl.exe. Go figure... But a 1024 frame animation should last about 57 seconds.

Also (don't know if you already got it working), animations only seem to work correct if you first place a static (non-animated) object. If you only place animated parts in a scene it doesn't animate.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

hi Arnomerci beaucoup; yes I noticed that already; i am trying to work on your tutorial of the moving box with all the changes in the asm file;very interestingthanks againchris