Sign in to follow this  

Smoke Effect

Hi,For your online "Search and Rescue Operation" scenery, I need to add smoke and fire effects for a crashed plane. It should be nice , if smokes reachs 10-15 meters up.So searching aircrafts can see the smoke.I placed some effects but didn't satisfy me. So can you help me to place a smoke effect to a crashed plane API.ThanksKenan

Guest JoeW

Kenan..... I would use the BGLPlacer program that comes in the effects SDK. Same for the fire. All can be added to the same bgl with this program. To get the coords fine enough to use with this program, you need to change the line in the FS2002.cfg, {main} area to Display_Fractional_Minutes =1, the default is 0. Then just slew to the exact place you want the fire and smoke and record the coords. In my last scenery I have a fire at a hanger on the 15th of each month. scenery is 4S6 - Tieton State.Joe W.

Hi,Which .fx files did you use? Standart fx files or you write your own?I have tried to modify CFS2 fx files but couldn't see anything. I will try again by chaning Display_Fractional_Minutes setting.And I tried to modify fx_smoke_w.fx file , to change the smoke color from white to black but when I changed color, the effect got lost.ThanksKenan

Guest JoeW

The lines from the csv file are as follows:EFFECT,LAGO_GEO4_Smokedark.fx,N46 38 15.2607,W121 07 19.8403,AGL,0.00,0.00,0.00,Very Sparse,"DOM=15,16"EFFECT,fx_N_Fire1.fx,N46 38 15.2607,W121 07 19.8403,AGL,0.00,0.00,0.00,Very Sparse,"DOM=15,16"This will be generated by the program. The program will continue to add to the file that you designate as long as it is in the top box.The smoke dark fx is from the Geo4 scenery. The other I don't remember where I got that but it's great. all the dark smoke does is produce a dark billowing smoke column.The "DOM=15,16" is Day of Month and the 15, 16 tells it to do it on the 15 and 16 of the month.The effects sdk covers all this. It can be found here.http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.aspJoe W.

Thanks,I don't have GEO4 so I made small changes in fx_smokestack.fx of CFS2 and used it in FS2002.