Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Baron 58 banking problem?

Guest SD Sim

For those using the default FS2K2 pro Baron 58 - do you notice that the plane banks ever so slightly to the left when at cruising altitude (or any other altitude for that matter)? Mine does, and I just want to know if it's normal, or a problem with my installation.Yes, I posted this before, but there was no response (in 168 views). I'm hoping the shorter post will get, if nothing else, a yes/no answer ;) .

You didn't say, but I presume you mean with autopilot engaged. If so, check that the rudder trim is centered.

Barry I like your sense of humor. Very sick "Geriatric Flying Club". lol

Guest SD Sim

Autopilot? Oh by no means ;) . I prefer to keep all my flights manual. Much more challenging (IMHO).

Guest ben_

Do you use the MS Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus (gameport) by any chance. I found mine to have a significant left lean.If you don't have fsuipc.dll - get it straight away - it has a joystick configuration which can be used to reduce that extra left lean .

Guest SD Sim

Here is what I use currently:CH Flight Sim yoke and pedals (both USB)FSUIPC v2.85 (all null zones set for both yoke and pedals)I can correct for the left bank to a degree with right rudder trim, but usually see overcompensation.

P-factor and Torque. I'm not positive but I don't believe the Baron has counter-rotating props, therefore it's supposed to do exactly what you're describing. If your engine is at a high setting, you'll get torque (for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction -- your props spin one direction, your plane wants to spin in the opposite direction), and even at low settings you'll get P-Factor (the angle of the blades change as they move down the one side, thereby introducing a difference in the lift/drag of the blades on the downward side of the prop versus the upward side).I find both these settings exagerated in FS2002 and so in my realism settings, I set Gyro Drift, P-factor, and Torque only a couple of notches up. Hope this helps.michael

Guest SD Sim

Thank you Michael, Although still a novice, I was suspicious that the above might be the case. Now I have one less thing to worry about tweaking. Thanks again.

Geez!! I helps ya and ya don't even give me a rating point!!

Guest SD Sim

Your wish is my command ;)

Mine does this only when I hang my left arm out the window....sorry, class. I promise I'll behave...:-)