Sign in to follow this  
arno

A Small Problem-SCASM

Hi,I am tring to place only one ploygon with texture as a wall. I used EOD to create a API and placed it with scasm. I can see the wall without any texture. I tried 256*256 8bit,16bit ,DX1 with mipmaps formatted bmp pictures but still I can't see texture.What is my fault?ThanksKenanerim.api;macrodesc erim (EOD);defaultscale 1;textures erim.bmp,;designshape -1,0,-1,0,0,0,0,0;--------------------------------------------; Filename: erim.api; Project: ; Designer: ; Date: 03-06-28; Update: 03-06-28; Credits: ; Macro generated using EOD 2.0.50; EOD Website: http://www.echos.ch/eod;--------------------------------------------; %1 = Latitude; %2 = Longtitude; %3 = Not used; %4 = Not used [RefpointScale=1, ObjectScale=1]; %5 = Rotation; %6 = Not Used; %7 = Not Used; %8 = Not Used; %9 = Not Used; %10 = Visibility range; %11 = Altitude; %12 = Detail levelArea( 5 %1 %2 22 ) mif( %12 ) IfVarRange( : 0346 %12 4 ) mifend PerspectiveCall( :Pos ) ShadowCall( :Shadows ) Jump( : ):PosPerspective:Shadowsmif( %11 ) RefPoint( 2 :SubEnd 1 %1 %2 E= %11 )melse RefPoint( 7 :SubEnd 1 %1 %2 )mifendSetScaleX( :SubEnd %10 0 16 ) ; Scale=1RotatedCall( :Begin 0 0 %5 ):SubEnd Return:Begin VectorJump( :West 32767 0 0 0 )SCASM codeSet( buf 100 )Set( areamx 64 )Set( linbuf 64 )Set( ppperr 2000 )UVar( $FSSCTEMP1 5 )Header( 1 N41:01:41.9870 N40:56:18.0130 E028:53:34.5074 E028:46:25.3461 )LatRange( N40:56:18.0130 N41:01:41.9870 )Macro( E:ProjectsFSKurtarmaerimerim.api N40:59:00.0000 E028:50:00.0000 20 1.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 10000 0.0 0 v2= 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 )

This is the first time I've looked at EOD generated code, but I don't see any place in which the texture is called. If the code doesn't call the texture, it surely won't display!Bob Bernstein

There isn't even a piece of code that draws any polygon at all. I think that piece is missing in the example here, can you maybe post the entire API?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Sorry,I found a solution by placing bmp file in ..fs2002texture directory instead of ..myscenerytexture directory.When I placed my scenery like this..mysceneryscenerywall.bgl..myscenerytextureerim.bmpthe FS didn't show erim.bmp.At the other hand I have other bgl files , which created by SCASM by using APIs, and their textures are in ..myscenertexture directory and working fine.ThanksKenan

It should work correct with the textures in your local texture folder. That is the prefered way (everything in the main texture folder give a bit of a mess :)).But when it works with the texture in another folder that would indicate that your SCASM source is correct.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest gorchi

Hmm,how did You say FS to link to Your scenery? In window for adding scenery, did You point to folder myscenerySCENERY or to myscenery? If it is first case, then no wonder why it didn't show up!Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Shoud make no difference Goran. If you point to mysceneryscenery it will still look at the myscenerytexture folder for the textures. I have done it often this way and never had that problem.

Arno

Guest gorchi

Hi Arno!My post was meant to the statement, while he had his own scenery in some separate directory and also textures, i.e.mysceneryscenery*.bglsmyscenerytexture*.bmpsSo if he pointed FS to look directly to mysceneryscenery directory, then BGLs have loaded while there were no textures. Btw, speaking of this, do You know that if You use custom textures in VTP BGL and it misses one texture, then VTP BGL will fail and it won't show up :(Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Yes, VTP can even cause FS to crash if the texture is not there (or not in the correct format).

Arno