Sign in to follow this  

What Program do you use ?

Every designer uses another tool, but the most used programs are Airport, FSSC, GroundMaker and Architect. All these programs offer the same basic functions.So if you already have archtect I would advise you to read the help files (I assume they are there, I never used it myself). It should tell you how to setup your scener center coordinates.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

On the freeware scale, I use EOD for object design.The layout is done either with airport or with FSSC.Both programs have their advantages. FSSC e.g. uses an OpenGL engine to display textured polygons while the newest airport build has a FSUIPC interface for exact object placement co-working with the FS.Both programs use API type objects.RegardsTorsten

Guest JohnC

My votte goes to FSSC for an great user interface.....and it has its own Forum here on AVSIM

Guest christian

I don't use any scenery design program! I still haven't found one that really suits my needs...At the moment, I'm using Photoshop, gmax, notepad, and BGLC. I'm using scanned diagrams in Photoshop to pinpoint lat/lon where I want to place scenery, and then write macros in BGLC and make 3D objects in gmax. Works quite well...Cheers, Christian

For the sake of a bigger sample of designers, my tools:fssc for runways, taxiways, taxiway lines..terrain sdk tools (resample.exe and tmf2bgl.exe) and photopaint for terrain imagesannotator from the autogen sdk for autogengmax for structuresscasm for excludeshope this helps!Bob Bernstein