Sign in to follow this  

How to make the NEW WATER TEXTURE Effects work???????

Guest HeavyFan

I downloaded the new Water texture Effects from the Libary, but I see the new reef textures on the shoreline, and the new textures for the correct wind direction I put in and also got the slider for the water at DETAIL to keep good FPS. Now do the new Effects supposed to have ripples in the water with the wind set i put in?? I seee the ripples in the ocen but they are not moving, only the default shoreline waves work?? Is this the way it suppossed to be? Like just simulate with still waves in the wind direction i Installed?? I just can't seem to get the waves to be live ripples in the water or if they even move I don't know!? So can someone please tell me the correct action this downlaod does?? this is the Big Ocean effects file that was in the libary a while ago!? I would apprecite the help! MIKE.

Guest PhilC

I had the same problem until I downloaded the installer that they make (I suppose you are talking about OceanFX?). After setting it up properly I have live, moving waves. Cool! I also have detail & reflection turned on.Sorry I can't be of more help.

Had same thing till i set the check buttons in display optionTerrain detail check & water reflecton full effects full Then waves were waterish againAnniette xxxxxxxxx

Anniette is right. You must have the following enabled Water effects: detail and reflection and on the hardware tab check to make sure that "multitexturing" is checked.Misha

Guest HeavyFan

OK I have MULTI TEXTURING on already, and I only had the Water effects at DETAIL only, so I will try to put in the Refelctions and see what happens! thanks guys! MIKE

Guest HeavyFan

well tried the Reflections on the water effects and still no movement besides the default shoreline waves! Still no ripples moving in the ocean?? I even turned on terrain Detail on and still nothing?? I might half to redownlaod this damn big file again unless some of you have any other suggestions! MIKE.

What kind of video card do you have Mike?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest HeavyFan

hey there Noel, I have a 32MB GE Force2 MX400 AGP NIVDIA card that came with my new DELL 8200 Comp, why you ask?? MIKE

I have a Radeon 64 and I see no animations whatsoever. When I do reinstall all default stuff I see the oscillating shimmers come back, but again the new textures don't move at all. Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest HeavyFan

Ok BUMP.

Ed Truthan (Blackkettle)Mike, Hi. I am the author of the Water Texture/Effects. Did you figure out the problem yet? As stated above if you have the "Detail/Reflection" Slider set to max and "multi-texturing" on you should be seeing surface effects. This of course depends on having installed ONE SET of the effects files in the scenerydb/world/texture folder as stated in the read-me. If you haven't done so already download Johan De Vries EXELLENT front-end loader at: http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...ries&CatID=Root This thing works great and makes switching Texture/Effects sets a snap. Below is a screenshot of the proper FILE STRUCTURE to install all the associated files so it all works great. If you have anymore problems I'll be glad to help. E-mail me personally if you wish. -ED.T.

Ed: I too am having no effects. I have checked the folder guide and everything seems to be installed properly. I noticed that I have NE-SW and NW-SE swells that change accordingly (look to be with wind, but I'm not sure) but I have no calm, gentle breeze, or dead calm even though the unzip with the front end loader. It has the proper path to the sim and all textures are in folders. I have water effects to detail and reflection and multi-texturing on. I have an AOPEN GF4 440MX card on an AMD 2000 XP system. Best Image Quality selected in the display properties under Direct 3D. I also reinstalled VBRuntime.

Thanks to Ed for responding. Ed reminded me that you can't see animations except at low altitude. So I tried again wiht the front-end installer and I do get nice animations. At times they look like rolling waves, at other times they look like a surface only effect superimposed over large waves (which are not rolling much) textures, which actually looks very natural. One problem I do have is no animations with Gentle Breeze or less. With Light Winds or more I get animations as described.Noel

Noel