Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Strenk

Default vehicles and other scenery for airports?

Guest Jim Strenk

Are there any vehicles and scenery installed by FS2002 that are not visible by default?I have some reason to beleive that there may be some vehicles and other scenery items that I'm not seeing after installing FS2002.Could someone please give me a heads-up as to what is available, and how to install it so that it will be visible when visiting different airports?Thank you in advance for your tips, suggestions and errata!

Guest gorchi

Hi,what do You miss? There are wehicles such as baggage loaders, tractors, fuel truck, towing trucks, etc... But they appear only when you are let's say 200m before them just to be easy on FPS. They appear on bigger airports, I think LFPG, KLAX, Kai-tak...Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest Jim Strenk

Goran, thanks for the reply.I usually fly out of the Chicago area, KCGX, KMDW and KORD.Using slewing today at KORD, all I saw were aircraft, nothing else. No additional vehicles of any kind. I suspect that the path for trucks and such in not the correct path. I also noticed the Blimp seems to be missing from KCGX. Why might that be? Wind, weather, FS2002 settings?What is the correct path for these vehicles? Are there any settings within FS2002 that would turn on and off these items?

...>Using slewing today at KORD, all I saw were aircraft, nothing>else. No additional vehicles of any kind. I suspect that the>path for trucks and such in not the correct path. I also>noticed the Blimp seems to be missing from KCGX. Why might>that be? Wind, weather, FS2002 settings?>>What is the correct path for these vehicles? Are there any>settings within FS2002 that would turn on and off these>items?...Hello Jim,it might be a stupid question, but did you turn on dynamic sceneries in the display settings? At least the blimp should appear in Chicago.Some times ago I was looking into dynamic sceneries and got the impression, that there is not much dynamic scenery in the default Chicago area like in older versions of the simulator (circling Cessna in Meigs, Sailing boats etc.) Maybe MS left it out because it interferes with the ATC traffic.However, all library objects are still there (planes, fuel cars, boats, etc.) The SDK provides a sample dynamic scenery using them for the Chicago area.I uploaded some short notes how to compile this sample onto Avsim. This might give you back the dynamic scenery in Chicago.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=RootHope it helps,Edgar

Guest Jim Strenk

I've changed the DS from Medium to Extreme. While skewing at KORD, I saw nothing different.What might I be missing in terms of DS at KORD, KMDW or KCGX? I live in the area and would be most familiar with those airports.I guess if I had to, I could re-install FS2002 Pro.Again, thanks for your reply, it is greatly appreciated!

Guest Jim Strenk

Bingo! That's the one! Now I see the details I was missing!Thanks Kurt! Your reply is much appreciated! :-jumpy