Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

FSDS v2.20 update

Thanks!Wow, FSDS2 now supports scenery animations =)

Guest gorchi

He he and more! Also, for me the most valuable thing is also that API can write down the header for easier placement and supports real shape of object (Arno does not need to rewrite his program FSDS shape). If YOu need more accurate designshape, then make a polygon consisting of (I think) maximum of 12 points, name it as scenery_icon and in part properties tag it as reference part. When exporting as API, You will now get correct shape!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest MikeEppright

Gentlemen,I have observed trees in some sceneries that are 2D but rotate to face you at all times. Is this something I can do with FSDS?

Guest sapper42

Hi mike, yes you can but for the moment i cant recall how, been a while since i did it. Ill get back to you about it unless Goran beats me to it. :0)rgds Jeff

Hi mikeUsing the command RotateToAircraft() will carry this out for you, but Gerrish Gray is your man...RegardsDave

Hmm, how to trigger animations, for example, with Nav2 freq.?

Guest gorchi

In FSDS? I haven't tested animations yet unfortunatelly but there are some variables so You can add condition in Pre-process frame of Part properties. And since th animations is connected with a part, then use this part properties.Regarding the variables for NAV1, NAV2, ADF... They are the same as were in FS98, but how to use them search this forum and look at this topic: http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search Otherwise Arno has confirmed, that NAV2 won't be usable though :(Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Well, it's not so simple. If I add ADF freq check (388Khz)then the animation is still running, but I just can't see the object itself. Perhaps Arno knows a bit more about this subjet.

Guest MikeEppright

Thanks, I appreciate the help.Mike

Guest MikeEppright

Thanks, appreciate the help. I have Mr. Gray's files. I am in need of large number of trees for Alaskan airfield. Framerate is obviously important. A few trees around the airport just don't cut it in Alaska!Mike

Guest JoeW

Does it work as advertised? Can you really make a hanger door move? Do the light options work in scenery? Are the examples well explained in the help files? Does tech answer questions? In short, Jim..... Does it do what it says it will? I've been burned 3 times by Abacus with programs that didn't do what was advertised and tech wouldn't give any help. In fact my email was returned.Joe W

Guest gorchi

Joe,I can't confirm movement with hangar doors although I could do it without animation in FSDS (if the movement wasn't linear). I am not sure what is the problem with lights? Do You need rotating light beacon, landing lights, anticollision lights, illuminated discs for PAPI/wig-wags? Except for the first type of light, everything can be done. So far, Jeff and I managed to make a nice street light tutorial, other tutorials are hmm... available with "googling". But they aren't hard task to do when You know how to.Tech support is available at tech@abacuspub.com (e-mail avaliable in help), some examples are also in help files. So If You need some more definitive answers, write them here to forum and we'll help You.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest Jim

I've tested a few things. Rotating a beacon, etc. What I can't find in the help files are the variables that I used to make several animated flags. I need them to do another flag and a few other items I'm working on. I don't want to install version 1 just to read the help files.Jimhttp://www.northern-exposure.org/sig/ne_sig.jpg