Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

FSDS v2.20 update

Guest gorchi

Jim,look for the file VarTable.txt and VarBase.txt. There You have a lot of these variables. But I think You need more or less timer variables:0282 beacon shifted 1 bit/3 sec; for full cycle it needs 6 sec.030a beacon2 16bit bitmap with 0x0506 add/3 sec030c beacon3 16bit bitmap with 0x0708 add/3 sec030e beacon4 16bit bitmap with 0x090A add/3 sec0310 beacon5 16bit bitmap with 0x0B0C add/3 sec05fc BGL_TICK18 incremented every 118th secondI think these are all timers You can use in FS.Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest gorchi

Hmm, how did YOu code it then? I used this variable in pilot controlled lightning system and it realy works nice. The code (from actually used API) is like this::B; CRASH DetectionIfVarRange3( :NoCrash 37E -11 11 382 0 0 386 -11 11 )SetVar( 0284 14 ):NoCrashBGLVersion( 0800 )MaterialList( 0.....); Draw Main ModelCall32( :_tmp_0_Zeleno_steklo_0 )Call32( :_tmp_0_Lucka_1 )Call32( :_tmp_0_Rdece_steklo_2 ); Check ADF is set on 388kHZIfVarRange( :EndVer 7bc 0904 0904 ); Red lightsIfVarRange( :RetRed 386 -3000 -1 ) ;direction of viewerCall32( :Red_lights )Jump( :EndVer ):RetRed;Green lightsIfVarRange( :EndVer 386 1 3000 ) ;direction of viewerCall32( :Green_lights ):EndVerEndVersionReturnHope it helps!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest JoeW

Goran.... The beacon I can do. What I would like to try is a taxi light that is on dawn to dusk. I'm trying to do this in FSDS v1.6. as I requestered to be refunded my money when I couldn't get the animation and LM textures to work in the V2.1 version. If FSDS v2.2 does in fact work as they say, I will buy it. FSDS v1.2 is a great program and one of 2 that Abacus has that does what it's advertised to do. Thanks Goran for the reply.Joe W.

Guest gorchi

Hi Joe!Turning on taxi or landing light was allready possible in FSDS V1.6, I can confirm that since I have apron lights in my scenery for 2 years. But there one could use only one variable, now YOu can use more of them. What exactly You shoud do I do not remember completely since I work in V2 for 6 months but in Part properties dialog box was a place where You could choose variable 28c, set condition to And, and put v1 value to 1.Same is in FSDS 2, in Pre-process box, where You can add condition dark. I just don't know why it uses range from v1=6 to v2=0 by default. I use it as follows:variable: 0x28c (this is correct if You choose condition Dark)condition: Andv1 value: 1v2 value: 2So using this condition, You'll get things to show up at dusk, night and dawn. If You wish to show up things only by the day, then just negate the condition, to NotAnd.Oh and one more thing for everyone. Be careful with this conditions, there are two conditions that are similiar but take care. These are InRange/NotInRange and FInRange/FNotInRange. Most likely You need the first one, not the second one, with F. I think that F means floating point and is used for floating point variables (which are not so common yet).Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest sapper42

Gday Joe WWith Gorans help ive made several working Taxi Edge and Centre lights ( all are a variation of the working light tutorial with a tutorial to make working taxi lights )into a Lib.BGL file your welcome to have. Allso with the help from Goran im about finished on a tutorial to create a Lib.BGL file from Objects made with FSDS V-2.1 and V-2.2, so far i have placed upto 900 taxi edge and centre lights on a taxiway with no framerate hit and all are off in the Day and on at Duck, Night and Dawn.email me at jstanyer@iprimus.com.au if you would like the FSC files and the Lib.bgl file and API macro'srgds Jeff

>Arno does not need to rewrite his program FSDS shapeGood to hear that. Saves me some work :). I will point people with this question to the update.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Arno, it is nice addition, isn't it? I am glad Louis has listened to my suggestion.Anyway I have made an API of one aircraft and made this part with 18 points. In FSSC 1.5.8 icon of the object showed perfectly well!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net