Sign in to follow this  
Guest R5D4

GMAX texturing of box

Guest R5D4

Hi,I seem to have developed a problem with my GMAX project - If I create a box object and apply a texture, then when I unwrap the texture it gives me only 3 sides to map ... I need 6 - i.e. all sides of the box. Opposite sides are textured identically.Is this normal? is there an option hidden somewhere in gmax I need to set? Most puzzling.Neil.

Guest JohnC

Neil, you need to use the UNWRAP feature face by face .. select a face to unwrap in your PERSPECTIVE window, UNWRAP and define the part of your BMP to apply to that face...if you don't see the white vertices all ready to move, pull back with your zoom feature...sometimes they are off on the side...or all piled on top of each other...use your perspective window and rotate your box until each face is clearly in view and select the face.I am assuming u r a newbie and are not familiar with the perspective window.........you can rotate that cube every which way and expose each face for selection.

Guest R5D4

John,thanks for your advice - I got it to work - I think it was due to me not selecting a face before keying planar map - so the planar map applied to the whole object - subtle!Neil.