Sign in to follow this  
arno

tutorials to follow...

Guest christian

A while ago I started a tutorial document on advanced things to do with gmax. I will probably never finish it, so I just post them here so they may be of help to some people.The turorials are for FS2002, so they'll have to be taken with a grain of salt for FS2004 editing:1) some things that didn't work in FS2002 may work in FS2004...2) it looks like the gmax bgl files have completely changed in FS2004. The old bgl format has been done away with, we now have RIFF files (matching the mdl files). It looks like the scenery files have been completely redesigned, but I have to do some more research into how much of the old bgl structure has been kept (not very much if anything from my first investigations though). To what extent the tutorials can be used with the new makemdl, I have not tried yet. In the meantime reports say that old gmax bgls will work with FS2004 though...Cheers, Christian

Nice idea Cristian. I am also working on a document that will contain the tips from my website (and a lot more), but I don't know when I will be able to finish it. It will also contains tips about tweaking the BGLC code etc.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog