Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaavoP

Gates that move

Hi,I am attempting to make the gates on a new terminal addition to my scenery, move to the door of the aircraft when you taxi into position.How is this done?I have the terminal and the gates made in FSDS2.20, do I need to add veriabls to the part properties of the parts of the gate that move?(what vers?)A short, general, step by step thing would greatly help.Help me on this subject please. Gates that move to the door are so much more realistic then static ones...

I don't really know how you can do it in FSDS, but I know how it is possible in GMax (I made a tutorial about that). I assume the technique is the same so I might be able to give some hints.First have you already made the animation of the gate? Then you are probably looking for a way to make it stop at the end and not play endlessly. This can probably best be done by using a frequency to trigger the animation.Because I don't know what kind of SCASM code FSDS2 uses for the animation (might be the same as GMax), I can't really give you tips how to change it now.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Could you please let me know how it's done in gmax? I've ben using FSDS for it but I can make them in gmax if that's the only way.Can you please give me a link to this tutorial you made? that would be rather helpful.Thanks

I assume you already know how to animate the object, then the tutorial about tweaking the animation can be found at my website (link below in my signature).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest PaavoP

Hi,how to tweak a FSDS2 animation (take a look at the attachment)?