Sign in to follow this  

Removing standard airport, adding new, preserving Autogen

HiI have a short question.Currently I'm working on a new scenery. I allready made the custom ground textures using resample.exe and added autogen to that using annotator.Now I want to get rid of the standard FS2002 airport buildings and taxiways but I also want my autogen on my custom textures to stay! So simply ading a "remove" switch to the scenery.cfg won't help as it also removes the autogen .. wich I don't want to happen. I simply want to remove the standard buildings and taxiways. I recon there is a way to tell that only the bgl with the airport information should be ignored. Can anyone help??THANKS A MILLION IN ADVANCE!Mario

that fast ... after searching the archive a third time I found the answer!Thanks anway!Mario

HiIn positng #2 I stated that I found the solution, but after I found how to excldue the standard scenery (what worked fine) I have another problem.Using the 'exclude' right under the header with the same coordinates as the header that switch also excludes the autogen of my new overlaying custom mesh textures.Will it help when I only draw the exlude box over the refpoint of the runway? will that alos reomove the other buildings and taxiways? Or do I have to draw many small exclude boxes over each bulding in order to preserve my personal autogen??Thanks again for any helpMario

you can do that, for sure, but you don't need to, to preserve your autogen. An exclude in your own scenery directory does NOT affect textures in your own texture directory. If your autogen *.agn files are with your textures in your own texture directory, the exclude will not affect them. You can then exclude in any fashion you wish.Bob Bernstein

HiMmmh, that's strange, the exclude file is in the scenery folder and the autogen files are in the texture folder, all in one directory level, and it still also exlcudes my *.agn filesHow much shoudl the header coordinates be? should they cover the area of all exlcude tags, or what coordinates should I use for the exlcude file header?Mario

sorry, my mistake, I was thinking all wrong...it will exclude the autogen...don't know what I was thinking.My apology for sending you down the wrong path.Bob Bernstein

Hi Bobno problem, no need to worry. I seem to have solved the problem by drawing many small exclude tags aroudn the refpoints.thanks anyway for your fast reply!Mario