Guest MikeEppright

Gentlemen,COF is installed and active on my machine but a few questions have come up. When I install "Airport for Windows" scenery, the exclude files exclude new as well as default scenery. Any ideas?More autogen scenery available but at a significant framerate hit.

I don't see that problem with my sceneries. Have you used a BGL file as exclude or a line in the scenery.cfg? Also are you sure that there is not another scenery with an exclude active as well that might cause it?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest MikeEppright

Airport creates seperate exclude bgl files. Are you suggesting that the exclude will work if implemented as a line of text in the scenery.cfg?If so, where should I go to determine process and syntax for exclude insertion into cfg file.

No, normally an exclude as a BGL works better. That's also what I use in my sceneries. So that should work.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Arno, Gabriel Ruiz reported similar problem....makes me wonder if one of the scasm exclude commands has been obsoleted. Like you my excludes work great, and these guys appear to have experience using excludes, so why would more than one person report this?Makes me wonder if the commands "GenExcl" and "exclude" are no longer equivalent.B

Yes, I also heard it more, but as far as I know there is only one SCASM commando to make excludes and that is GenExcl. I'll try to check if those two generate similar code (if I can find the second commando of course :)).

Arno

just look at the online docs at www.scasm.de...look at section 16 commands...you'll see them both.I was always using genexcl, until rhumbaflappy said that exclude worked just as well...its only two lines of code rather than three, and didn't have that goofy repeating line thing...so I've used it right along.Course that suggests that exclude command AND genExcl should work equally well, given our two different choices! LOL oh well, back to the drawing board.

Hi all. Excludes are the same as FS2002.I just created an exclude with Airport for Windows, and an object placement within the exclude border. 2 BGLs were created in the same scenery folder I designated. I added the folder ot the Scenery Library, exited the sim, and restarted it.It sucessfully excluded the default scenery ( an airport runway and buildings, and windsock ), and placed the object I selected from the default AFW API list.Excludes always exclude scenery in the preceeding layers of the Scenery Library stack. There are no exceptions. If new scenery was excluded, it is because it was in a folder beneath the exclude on the stack.Dick